Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Im growing triops!

Gwen

Don't get your hopes up. My little sister was raising some, and one ate all the others. Now they're all dead because they grew old and died.

what was that saying

god creates dinosaur
god kills dinosaur
god creates man
man kills god
man creates dinosaur
dinosaur eats man
woman inherits the earth

They don't mate; they are Asexual (for those who don't know, it means one Triop has both sex organs, so it does not need to mate, it can procreate on it's own). Each one will lay an egg (or eggs) before it dies (kinda like that Water Horse).

Once all of them are dead, dump out the water, and let the gravel they were in dry out; then, after days later, fill it back up with water and watch the next generation grow xD

Also, Triops can get pretty big too…

They eat just about anything. Put them in an Aquarium with some tropical community fish, and chances are they will end up eating the other fish. No limit to how big they can get either, the more they eat, the bigger they can get.

Take a look at this monster:
![](http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/7757/triopsnumidicusak6.jpg)

@Vyse:

> Don't get your hopes up. My little sister was raising some, and one ate all the others. Now they're all dead because they grew old and died.

Before they died, (of old age, not the eaten ones), they laid eggs (see the above part of my post). If it was just one left, chances are it laid an egg before it died xD

It didn't(obviously) because no more hatched. Either that, or my mom stupidly emptied the tank before any _could_ hatch. Oh well.

@HailBlazR:

> It didn't(obviously) because no more hatched. Either that, or my mom stupidly emptied the tank before any _could_ hatch. Oh well.

Well, before any hatches, you would need to empty the tank('s water) out, but you'd need to let the gravel completely dry out for afew days (as in, the gravel is dry for afew days). Then, once you put water in again, the new generation would live

Thanks Admiral… I'll have to keep that in mind.

I used to catch them in a watering hole for cows when i would go to nebraska. I had no idea what the were at the time, but they were very neat. Mind you we also used to cactch leaches too.

@‪‫‬‭‮‪‫‬‭Admiral:

> They don't mate; they are Asexual (for those who don't know, it means one Triop has both sex organs, so it does not need to mate, it can procreate on it's own). Each one will lay an egg (or eggs) before it dies (kinda like that Water Horse).
>
> Once all of them are dead, dump out the water, and let the gravel they were in dry out; then, after days later, fill it back up with water and watch the next generation grow xD
>
> Also, Triops can get pretty big too…
>
> They eat just about anything. Put them in an Aquarium with some tropical community fish, and chances are they will end up eating the other fish. No limit to how big they can get either, the more they eat, the bigger they can get.
>
> Take a look at this monster:
> ![](http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/7757/triopsnumidicusak6.jpg)
>
> Before they died, (of old age, not the eaten ones), they laid eggs (see the above part of my post). If it was just one left, chances are it laid an egg before it died xD

there are only males and hermaphrodites

they kind of ripped me off. I only got 3 eggs… at least only 3 eggs grew, and one of them is a fairy shrimp, and not a triop.

Oh well fairy shrimp are pretty cool too.

I need for them to get a little bigger before i can change their water. Its growing some sort of film on top from the plant stuff they included with the rocks. >.<