Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Health bar

Lenton

If you look at my Hp and Mp bars they are full (20/20) but don't go right to the top.. I set the shape right but theres some kind of problem.

![](http://www.freewebs.com/mayhemonline/Screenshot0.bmp)

If you could please help.
Thanks.

EDIT: Im using the TE source.

Find in the source where it defines the size of the bars, I remember I had to change it when I made a vertical HP bar.

I'll have a quick look through and see if I can remember where.

EDIT: Search for this in modGameLogic.

```
        frmMirage.shpHP.Width = ((GetPlayerHP(MyIndex)) / (GetPlayerMaxHP(MyIndex))) * 150
```
Change the '150' to whichever you want. (the size of it in your graphical piece)

Then search for shpMP and shpTNL and change them also.

@Alex:

> Wow, for the TNL bar when i get over 1500 xp it keeps carrying on and doesn't go back to 0…
>
> EDIT: I think this is a TE bug? Same thing happens on my non source edited client with a new char.

Yeah, to be honest… TE is a major downgrade in every aspect of the Engine. EE2.7 is just as simple, and more bug free.

@Soljah:

> Find in the source where it defines the size of the bars, I remember I had to change it when I made a vertical HP bar.
>
> I'll have a quick look through and see if I can remember where.
>
> EDIT: Search for this in modGameLogic.
>
> ```
>         frmMirage.shpHP.Width = ((GetPlayerHP(MyIndex)) / (GetPlayerMaxHP(MyIndex))) * 150
> ```
> Change the '150' to whichever you want. (the size of it in your graphical piece)
>
> Then search for shpMP and shpTNL and change them also.

But then instead of a vertical Health bar would you have a health bar that deducted health by going right to left even though it's a skinny bar?

Example

```
Normal HP bar -
[-------------]  When you lose health it minus parts of it Eg. [--------      ]
```
```
Vertical HP Bar -

--
||
||
||
||
--

Now even because it looks Vertical nothing has told it that,
```

So wouldn't that cause it to do this

```
--
|
|
|
|
--
```
Because it still thinks it's horizontal so it's taking part of it away from the right?

I dunno I might just be spewing out gibberish like an idiot but to me this makes sense :P

I don't understand you. Who said anything about a horizontal HP bar. My problem is my EXP bar just carrys on like this : [–----------]–-------- The exp needed for the first lvl is 1500 and when it gets past that it just goes 1501/1500 and so does the bar carry on.

@Hyperion:

> But then instead of a vertical Health bar would you have a health bar that deducted health by going right to left even though it's a skinny bar?
>
> Example
>
> ```
> Normal HP bar -
> [-------------]  When you lose health it minus parts of it Eg. [--------      ]
> ```
> ```
> Vertical HP Bar -
>
> --
> ||
> ||
> ||
> ||
> --
>
> Now even because it looks Vertical nothing has told it that,
> ```
>
> So wouldn't that cause it to do this
>
> ```
> --
> |
> |
> |
> |
> --
> ```
> Because it still thinks it's horizontal so it's taking part of it away from the right?
>
> I dunno I might just be spewing out gibberish like an idiot but to me this makes sense :P

Haha no I made it deduct vertically also… It wouldn't work well if it didn't :P

@Alex:

> Omg, lol! All i needed to do was create a new account and the problem was solved. Thanks for your help Soljah.

lol… no problem... Although a bug like that may not be guaranteed to not be there for every new account created.. :/