Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What do you like to see in bosses? I need t3h ideas!

Rathalos888

Obviously, I lie bosses who are fun, chalenging, and very group related.

But, I am not good with advanced stuff or ideas, so I have no clue what I'm doing other than making them callenging and hard enough to the point where soloing them is difficult and parties are a must.

Hey, I'm working on a scripted boss right now. Here are the ideas I've come up with:
>Warp to random spot on the map.
>Spell that homes in on the player automatically.
>Summon minions.

Well, I just finished it. But, after he dies, the scripts are still in progress. I should really get Balliztik to source edit in those extra NPC commands. X_X
As with the sadscripting thing, it's hard work, not luck. =P It's actually pretty easy to learn.
Also, here's a boss script that gh0st made, might give you some ideas.
http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,18577.0.html

• 1 month later...
Even If the last post was what about a month ago, Rathalos is asking advice on bosses presumably for his game. The significence of this is - games usually take a long time to make so i dought our frined Rathalos has finished his game, or even finished all his bosses for it.  Therefor one needs to look critically at the context of a post before on can condem the poster as necroing.

good one. people tend to jump on the necro blame and for SOME people, no names, i think its just to boost post count…
If the quesiton is ongoing and unasnwered then i think its ok to post.
If they didnt want you to be able to then they would have made topics autolock after so much time.

• 2 weeks later...
Add NPC spells.

Just store a few in an array then either do an event triggered one (If HP < 30 then cast heal) or just random different attacks. Ranged attacks also work well, where the boss doesn't need to follow the players around.

• 2 months later...
I would make the npc if this is possible be able to make a clone of itself to make it a better battle  have a spell that might be able to bring em together or something and make em have weaknesses like element knock out. just an idea I'm new to eclipse so I know nothing about the script well I know some but it does not help me it just gives me errors and shuts me out.