Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Greetings from Amish

Amish

Dear Eclipsers,

Many of you have noticed that the forums went down earlier today. This is because TouchOfDeath is now [www.EclipseOrigins.com](http://www.EclipseOrigins.com). Marsh has sold the site to me so that he could focus more on school and upcoming life events. Apart from the new ownership and host not a whole lot will change, we are going to do our best to keep the site fun and game development oriented. To anyone who was a member at the old [www.EclipseOrigins.com](http://www.EclipseOrigins.com) site we ask that you please make a new account here as this will be the new official site for the Eclipse Origins Silver and Gold game engines.

So far we have only had a chance to talk to a few members since the site began to transfer over to the new host but we understand that there are MANY questions and concerns that will need to be answered. We (JC, Kibbelz, and I) are going to be online and in the shoutbox answering these questions and we will post more information about the engine and site changes here in the next couple of days.

Marsh has also taken his time to write up a little note about the change in ownership [here](http://www.eclipseorigins.com/community/index.php?/topic/133390-site-changes/) and there is no need to worry as Eclipse++ development will also continue and Marsh will still be around as we move forward.

As we begin to talk to you some we will generate a FAQ below to help answer the most common questions.

Please bear with us as we continue to work on the site and bring it back online for everyone and Kibbelz, JC, or I will be posting more information soon regarding the merge between our two sites.

Thanks,

Amish

**F.A.Q**

**Q: I have lost my admin powers or my membership has been modified, can I get it back?**

**A: Yes, for administrators and moderators just shoot us a PM and we will want to talk with you for just a few minutes. For others just shoot JC a PM and he will be sure to fix it up.**

**Q: What will happen with EVB since you are bringing in an 'Official Version'?**

**A: We are not too sure. For now, EVB will be moved to custom versions and the developers can decide if they want to continue developing it or not.**

**Q: What will happen with Eclipse++?**

**A: Marsh is planning to continue developing it and he will be sure to announce his progress here like he has in the past.**

**Q: The new Eclipse versions from EclipseOrigins.com were closed source, what is going to happen here?**

**A: Open source versions of Eclipse can still be developed as needed but the official version will be closed source, have new features, etc. It will also be one of the most stable and most supported versions from this point on.**

Good news everyone! Since I was only temporarily allowing Marsh to use the ToD IP.B License provided he was the owner, you either owe me a fat check or you will be replacing the IP.B forum with a free one as I am revoking the right for this domain to use it. Yay!

Thanks,

Maverick