Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Robin's awesome Harvest Moon speed programming!

Robin

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

robin you should make an altra rare sythe that makes the grass grow, thats worth a few mill. Then people with shit load of money can buy it and some what "power level" by making grass grow and cutting it. Or whatever the point of doing that is…

All the farming tools now work.

As you can see, I cut down all the grass with the scythe, chopped all the wood with an axe and hammered all the rocks with a.. hammer. Also hoed that ground up a bit ;D

John's joined on as a secondary programmer and he's upgrading it to Dx8 (Because I hate converting to Dx8 xD) After I get it back I'll start work on the watering & seed planting.

Also had a change of plans. Farms will still be instanced, but the time/season will not. What this means? I'll have to code some 'helper elves' to do the work for you when you're offline. For a price of course. This means the more time you spend on the game, the more profit you'll get from your crops. It'll also encourage people to share farms and work together ;D

With Dx8 of course, I can add a much nicer day/night fading, rather than just changing to a darker pre-rendered tileset. It also means we can use John's amazingly sexy particle effect weather systems. Oh, and it'll have dynamic sized maps, like Essence, so it'll be a much more aesthetically pleasing area tbh.

![](http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e112/Kite_Minase/hoe.png)

Rofl. No guns, of course.

As for stealing, the farms are linked to the players and instanced. You can visit each other's farms, but you can only do things to it if you set a special link, which allows two or more people to work on one farm.

@Bone/Prinny:

> Oh dude!
> i remember that bin from the n64 harvest moon!
> and this buff guy would come to pick up the crops
> and at that time in my life, i didnt speak english….
>
> and i ( and my bros ) used to call him 'stronger man'
>
> im such a wierd little kid

lol. That was the best game of my childhood, i'm SO gonna play this.

![](http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e112/Kite_Minase/In-gameGUIWood.png)

The conversion to Dx8 has been completed. I just need to finish programming in the GUI components (Actually doing it a decent way this time, and storing the buttons in recs) then I can begin work on the time/day/night/season cycles.