Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A logo i made

jackALL

> Some people can't even do this for a first logo, nice job, but there's room for much improvement.

I agree completely with Link here. It is not perfect but if you could bring the text out some it would pretty good for your purpose :D

1\. Get rid of the background. Logos are independent. It's not independent if it requires a black block behind it.
2\. I'm guessing you worked on one layer and used the paint bucket to turn a white background into a black one with low tolerance? Whatever caused it doesn't matter. Get rid of that nasty, scratchy white outline.
3. Get some good color variety up in that bit
ch. Gradients, outlines, etc. Something other than pure white on pure black.
4\. Random blood-like splatter =/= aesthetic creativity. All it does is scream I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M DOING. It makes the final product lopsided and grotesque. Get rid of it.
5\. The fancy font calls for variety. Maybe the font gets bigger on the edges? Maybe the first letter is bigger? Maybe it breaks up into two lines? Maybe there's a symbol thrown into the mix? I don't know, just do _something_ with it. One-size one-line font like that is bland as hell. Remember: a logo is a design, not a pretty word.
6\. Get some anti-alias up in that bit
ch.
7\. If the logo can be made in Microsoft Word, it's not a logo.

Point is… scrap it and start over. Don't be discouraged, however. You just need to practice. Go do a few tutorials over fancy text. You'll learn some valuable skills that you can come back and use on a new attempt. If you do that, I guarantee you'll make something much better.

The internet is your friend. [Here's a starting place to look for tuts.](http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=text+effect+tutorial)