Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Battle scenes?

drayo10

Is it possible to make a script that if you attack or stand next to a monster, You and the monster teleport to a new area and battle in a turn based way?

If so, is it possible to make the script so certain monster have more than 1 monster in the battle scene?

If you have a script like this could I use it?

If not, I'll try to make it myself.

Uh. Technically that's possible. A whoooooooooole lot of scripting. I mean…a WHOLE lot. And no, nobody has a script like that. I'm putting turn based in as a option for duels in my game but not for monster fights... But this is a little too major for someone to script for you ... plus you'd have to have a map for every player online...

Well I was thinking you could just save a few things to an ini file for the player i.e.
the monster index
the map number
etc.
then before you're warped to the new map, the tiles will be laid out according to your map number and the sprite will be placed according to the npc index number. It'd be really easy to implement once you have it working for one monster and one set of maps. Then just have like 2000 maps set aside and check the amount of players on each one until it finds an empty one each time a player runs into a monster. kinda simple. I kinda wanna try it rofl.

Yeah basically it would boil down like this -

-player hits ctrl next to an enemy then:
    - player's x, y, and map number are saved to ini
    - npc index is saved to ini
    - find a "reserved map" that's empty
    - place the tiles for the backdrop according to what the original map number was (mountains, forest, underwater etc.)
    - let them fight (however you wanna do that…..)
    - everytime someone makes a move, check the hp of npc #1 on the new map and if it's less than or equal to 0, then do the same things in reverse basically.

As for the Battlefield, set a Mask 2 Layer of your battle point in a White Circle, and the Rest Black.
And then set Mask Layer 1 to a Mt., Field, sea, etc, and then find a script so that it will always take you to a vacant "MSK2" Map, and the the left black space will act as transparent, and block, so that it will show the attribute?