Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Metal is da shiz

zombie0hour

i think he means more of a grinding noise…. I can see where he is coming from... I like agressive loud music, with yelling and screaming, but there is a point where it just... ummm for lack of a better word... hurts my ears to listen to.

without going into the whole genre's and this is wuss rock to god rock debates... i like bands like rage which are very aggressive, and he yells a lot... but when i listen to something like mushroom head, or canibal corpse or whatever, i can only listen to it for a little bit.. its just to "noisey" for me. Now i can handle pantera, and some slipnot better, but they seem i dont know... more in control of their sound and are not just a constant grind in my ear.

not sure if that makes sense.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Gwendalin:

> i think he means more of a grinding noise…. I can see where he is coming from... I like agressive loud music, with yelling and screaming, but there is a point where it just... ummm for lack of a better word... hurts my ears to listen to.
>
> without going into the whole genre's and this is wuss rock to god rock debates... i like bands like rage which are very aggressive, and he yells a lot... but when i listen to something like mushroom head, or canibal corpse or whatever, i can only listen to it for a little bit.. its just to "noisey" for me. Now i can handle pantera, and some slipnot better, but they seem i dont know... more in control of their sound and are not just a constant grind in my ear.
>
> not sure if that makes sense.

Yeah thats a pretty good point, I'ts the same reason Im not a fan of screamo metal, if I can't understand the lyrics, there really is little point in listening to the song.

Well I don't know about that Devogen. I like j-pop even though I can't understand the lyrics. From what I was told by a few of the Japanese people(from japan, not just ethnicity) I have a pretty good taste for it. I've never really put much focus on the lyrics, unless it was a specific song I wanted to know. I think how Gwen described it is the best way to put what I meant. That kind of thing is why I have a wide verity of music on my Nano.

@[AUS:

> [IG] УvøgêÑ link=topic=34490.msg363941#msg363941 date=1233869438]
> Yeah thats a pretty good point, I'ts the same reason Im not a fan of screamo metal, if I can't understand the lyrics, there really is little point in listening to the song.

Screamo the person who invented that word needs to die

"screamo" refers to 3 types of singing nowadays. Death growls, black vox, and actual "scream" music. Which sucks because most death and black metal bands get thrown in there.

[Admires Anders godly voice for a while…too bad he sucks now](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Qf-AdVRBfg)
^thats death growls

[Black metaly](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U7h9BR7y28&feature=related)
If you didn't guess already thats black vox

[True "scream"](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DN5bhIPrtQ)

You can easily notice the difference

Also death growls and black vox are way harder to do