Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"Authorization request to long, server shutdown"

Mutedwar

I'm currently playing around with the silver edition atm seeing what its capable of etc etc, when I leave the server running over night I wake up with the error "Authorization request to long, server shutdown".

This is a big problem for anyone who is running an active game if the servers are shutting down every night for long periods players will get pretty frustrated.

I'm not to sure how you guys can fix this issue or maybe its still in its early development stages and you guys are doing lots of restarts, maintenance and updates but an easy fix could be only using a auth login and checking for updates at the start then disabling and type of communication between our server and the auth, this will prevent our servers going down when you guys bring down the auth but this could also allow pirating etc.

Not to sure what you guys want to do but or maybe a reply back letting us know it won't be like this once bugs and kinks are worked out but as of now the gold or silver will not be able to host any "online" games seeing as how you would need a server "online" for players to join.

Thanks for any help or replies guys and keep up the awesome work so far the engine is very clean, fast and reliable except for the auth issues atm. Keep up the work and cant wait to see some of those new features added!

> Are you running the server through the laucher to ensure it's the latest version? It won't do this unless you lose internet connection for about 2 hours.

Thanks for the reply frankenstein, yes I always run the server through the launcher to check for updates etc, it may have been my internet connection that went out but I highly doubt but I will for sure check, there is always the chance my connection is going out.

Server has been running steady since my first post no more of those auth errors yet :)

There's various things that could have caused you to drop connection to the Auth. server for a few hours. It -is- annoying, however with the way Gold works the system makes sense. (Silver is a whole other story, a free system does not -need-  to be linked to the Auth. server seeing as it does not require  specific license to be active and legal)