Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Webclient?!

Gardon321

I drastically need to know how to do this. A game that you download should have much better quality than this. None of my friends want download it because its not a webclient. Any help?
P.S. I am unable to change to source code because I do not have VB6, and my coding sklz are at -1/5\. Anyone who helps me do this, I will make a god, yes a god

you are better off building it from scratch like I do for my web games

This is my latest, but i am integrating it into eclipse for a dual action game, has both wrb browser games and cient playability and works off same account.

![](http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/9760/hbarskf7.jpg)

@Keebler:

> If your codeing skills are -1/5 then u wont be able to do a webclient. It takes alot of editing the source and you need to know php. Unless you have a good friend who can do it i suggest stickign to downloads.

Wrong you'll need either Java, Flash or some similar language. PHP won't be able to do this, at least, not alone.

@Gardon321:

> is it possible for other people?

Yes, but they aren't really going to do it as it is a time consuming thing to do.

@Keebler:

> If they knew php and vb6 and were rely rely good at it. Then it would take along time to convert it. Also they would need to buy a website.

Only thing they really need to know is Java or Flash. VB6 is something additional, if you're using the source as reference.

@jcsnider:

> IT is a very hard and long process, almost no one is going to do this for you, you would actilly have to hire a REAL programmer with experience in PHP and VB6 to get this done, or take the time to learn this yourself

Don't copy, paste and accept. PHP is a **scripting** language to begin with and is not required at all.

@unnown:

> not even sure if vb6 is up for it then,
>
> you need a lot more then just php to :p

Finally, someone who understands.

@Gardon321:

> I drastically need to know how to do this. A game that you download should have much better quality than this. None of my friends want download it because its not a webclient. Any help?
> P.S. I am unable to change to source code because I do not have VB6, and my coding sklz are at -1/5\. Anyone who helps me do this, I will make a god, yes a god

You need this or you want this? There is a difference.

Anyway, what do you actually expect of Eclipse? That it allows you to create the next WoW? Yeah, right. If you think this is bad software then go program your own. But, wait. You miss the ability to do so? Then don't complain. As simple as that. This engine is advanced enough and we don't need your complaints. It will not allow you to create the next WoW, simply because it's first of all designed for 2D games and secondly it's meant to be user-friendly. If you don't like it, either search another one (much luck with that) or go program your own.

What a stupid reason to not play a game. I wonder why you even call them your "friends". Unless well, you just came here, tried to make some game and that it then turned out very poorly, which is not our fault. Check Work in Progress for instance, then you'll see what dedicated people can create with this engine.

@hallsofvallhalla:

> you are better off building it from scratch like I do for my web games
>
> This is my latest, but i am integrating it into eclipse for a dual action game, has both wrb browser games and cient playability and works off same account.
>
> ![](http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/9760/hbarskf7.jpg)

Like he already said: he can't script nor program.

Regards,
  Godlord.

> Like he already said: he can't script nor program.

you are right but doesn't mean I can't show him alternatives and maybe motivate him to do so.  Not everyone was born with the ability code. We all must learn.  ;)

As far as what i did I used a mysql database to store locations. I have no intention of trying to make eclipse work in a browser. I just want to use the data to make mini games and stuff.