Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Pokemon: Purple Version (Recruiting thread)

Purple

My criticism wasn't even that harsh, it was very constructive and you can learn something just from that one sentence. I suggest you use pokemon cyrus as an example. Btw good luck with this game, as I say for any games, but this will req. much coding if you plan to incorporate the actual battle system, and don't expect someone to fly from the sky begging to code it for you, thats just a little warning.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) uh, sorry for the confusion Zony, i was refering to Voltage when i said he could join….your map was just horrible...sorry

2) yea, i know it will requir a lot of work, but thanks for the 'good luck' =)

3) larman91, please post or pm and example of your work, wether it be scripting, mapping, or both.

no offense lol, but if your going to lead a game your going to need some programming experience, unless you are very lucky and pick up a programmer. but i statisically don't think this game will go to far without a programmer, programmer is the top priority to start a project anyways, look at PCO, cyrus is main admin and he had to learn programming, same goes for me, i'm making 2 games, PAO(Pokemon Amethyst Online) and YWO(yugioh world online).

and ninja tech, pco doesn't own all, they only have about 12,000 members, look at POL, and my game is going great right now, when i get it into open beta(expected this weekend, and only took me about 3 days to code in systems very easy in vb and easier in C++), so pco doesn't pwn all lol. plus POL is doing thier game in Visual C++ 2008 and PCO's game is only done in Visual Basic.net 2008\. ;) i know my game won't go as far as either one of them, but you never know….. :P .

ok umm what ever i guess i wont join. but that was my very first map i ever made and its a good map with a few errors (trees, walk path, and some edges of the water) but other then those i would love to know whats wrong with it also im about 99.99% sure that voltage wont join if im not aloud

Dang catcatcat what ever happend to you and PMU??? you were there and just gone (i did here what happend though) and i prob would have done the same thing, anyways about the game man… i do want to help but i cant just abandon my friend zony yeah it would be fun and cool to help but i just cant, sorry man. But i do sugest that you may give him a chance, kinda like a test map or somthing. but i got to look out for my friends ya know

@Zony:

> ok umm what ever i guess i wont join. but that was my very first map i ever made and its a good map with a few errors (trees, walk path, and some edges of the water) but other then those i would love to know whats wrong with it also im about 99.99% sure that voltage wont join if im not aloud

Seriously, Purple was an ass about that, he should have given you a chance.

But im no longer part of this topic, so cya pplz

@[Emblem:

> link=topic=36814.msg347475#msg347475 date=1231972933]
> I'm really tempted to join, I've always wanted to make a Pokemon game!
> But I would probably get demotivated quit the project, happens to me every time …
>
> >_>

It's tough. I got an MMO off the ground and it took a lot

1-uh, i never said he couldnt join, i just havent accepted him at this time

2- i gave u a chance, it was showing an example of your work

3- if you knew the map had errors, then why did you post it in the first place?

I dont wanna 'half-ass' my game. i want good, quality work. If you can prove that you can do that, then by all means, your welcome to join!

PS- how is not letting somebody join based soley on what he's shown to me being an ass? like i said above, i dont wanna crappy craftsmen ship. i  want a nice, professional looking quality with the game. Had he shown me his best work, and had it actually been of decent quality, then the situation would be entirly differant.

umm first the reason i posted that map was because i deleted all my maps but that won had been on my photo bucket so i posted it.

u never gave me a chance u just said my map sucked -_-
ninja tech and that one guy miss took what i said about being a great mapper and had me post something.

and when u said sorry zony that the accept was for voltage it sounded like yea your not joining@SÊŽ|3><(_)z:

> That's singling him out and insulting his work instead of criticizing it politely.

EDITED:
i thought u were out of this thread -_-

lol jk

Ok well im that maybe this thread should be about the game then Dising one another id like to work on it if im given an opportunity, and im sure if that's the case you want a good game well lets get this thing going. hehe im just eager to work

@Zony:

> umm first the reason i posted that map was because i deleted all my maps but that won had been on my photo bucket so i posted it.
>
> u never gave me a chance u just said my map sucked -_-
> ninja tech and that one guy miss took what i said about being a great mapper and had me post something.
>
> and when u said sorry zony that the accept was for voltage it sounded like yea your not joiningEDITED:
> i thought u were out of this thread -_-
>
> lol jk

Am I that one guy? LOL

I got back in because Purple PMd me. But w/e i gtg now anyways