Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

.Png Spells

zade_o

sooo I don't have the time anymore to do my java engine. unfortunately. maybe one day it shall be completed.
Anyways, the main reason I wanted to switch to java was so I could finally use .png files to make graphics look beautiful.

So I'm asking for help in making it so my game can use .png files for the spell graphics.

Anybody want to help me?

Lol, I understand I have to redo the DirectX mod. I need someone to help me though because I'm only able to figure out and/or currently know how to add something to what's already there.

I.E. I figured out how to use the DX7 commands to draw a custom bar behind my HP bars.

But, I don't know how to convert a whole thing to another version of DX.
Which is why i'm looking for someone that has or can figure it out. If anyone can, they'll be a major asset to Vikings =)

you do realise only a handfull of people can program in a dirext x conversion to dirext x 8 in all of the mirage communties.

Out of the entire eclipse community I would say 4 people would be able to convert it….
aka
your asking way to much and no one would be able to help you unless your willing to spend $100 on getting someone to code it for you for $15 an hour.

zidsal, if someone actually knows how to do it, they won't need more than an hour. if they don't know how to do it, I wouldn't be paying them. either way, I don't think a conversion is worth money. I've programmed for money and you either get paid for making a whole game or paid for porting it to another language. one itty bitty piece isn't worth 100$ (unless it's some multi million dollar game).

Anyways, Devogen, you're right that's not what I want =/ ah well. one day I guess I'll suck it up and learn to switch it to DX8 since it looks like 3.0 is a mythological beast =)

I'll agree with you about it not being worth the money for a conversion but before I leave this thread I will want to point out that even if they know how to convert to dirext x 8 it will take ALOT more then 1 hour:

first of all the conversion which will take longer then an hour it isn't just a copy and paste rip from my old soruce kind of thing.

You are forgetting that dirext x 8 and visual basic controls do not go together all labels e.t.c have to be done manually (an example from the vbgore engine)
```
Engine_Collision_Rect(X, Y, 1, 1, 5, 189, 66, 15) Then ClickCreate
```
They would have to change alot of the rendering code (not only so the game can support png's) but because you won't be using blt,bltfast,blttodc anymore.

Your getting the idea here but I will stop so I don't make a total ass out of my self.

Serously your best bet is eclipse 3.0 I don't know why you hate it so much: You said that you don't have enough time to program in java so eclipse 3.0 is the next best thing for what you want.