Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Custom Graphics

Ricky

How do you make good custom graphics, just keep messing around till you get good at them? I am using gimp right now and was just wondering if you need to be really trained for it or just mess around till you get good? Also I don't know how to use layers in it so does that really matter?

Thanks

For custom graphics, you need to practice alot. For example, i suck REALLY bad at making graphics because i rarely make them. On the other hand, i am really good at programming cause i do it all the time. Its all in the patience and how fast you learn.

As for your second question, i doubt you would need layers, as when you convert the image to bitmap, the layers will disappear anyways

@[SB:

> Ninja-Tech link=topic=38725.msg373654#msg373654 date=1234748529]
> Layers are a very important part of any art.
> especialy on the computer (paint.net, Gimp, Photoshop)
> because it keeps everything orginized and it doesnt look messy

True, very true but my point is if your not gonna use them dont bother messing with them.

@.Ghost:

> well your very point is not a very good point because, as you said you don't do much graphics.
>
> Layers make shading a lot easier.
> Layers allow you to copy parts of images easier, like if you want to make a recolor of part of a suit of armor.

and to top that
its best to mess around with it so u get good with it

Yeah. plus it's literally impossible to do anything without layers if you do anything other than completely from scratch. If you paste something in a photoshop picture it puts it on a new layer.

I really don't see anything mind boggling about layers anyways.