Find results in...

Eclipse 3d

zombie0hour

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@AdrianC:

> Lol,  I might look into starting something like this. I have allot of free time so I might try out C++ again.
>
> I'd be using Irlicht and Raknet. Still having some troubles with Raknet.
>
> Anybody want to help? I'm not even that good with C++, so even if you don't know anything, you can still help out, somehow. Maybe by studying some basic C++ first, I don't know.
>
> This would take atleast a year, so no worries any current devs :)

A year? Depends on what your goals are. The engine itself in basic form should be done in less than a month.

I don't program using Irrlicht and Raknet though. Instead I use OpenGL/D3D and Winsock/BSD Sockets.

@H.:

> depending on the FPS I can crank from OpenGL, crossplatform should kick the shit out of competitors

And how are you going to beat Id or just Ogre3D and Irrlicht?

> you HAVE to upgrade to 3d SOMETIME.

3D isn't everything. I would care more about bugs than about graphics. It's not always the outside which counts.

Regards,
  Xenonyte.

@ZelconGames:

> This isn't a good idea…
>
> See: Realm Crafter, http://realmcrafter.com
>
> No programming required, 3D high-quality mmo maker.
> (Customizable with Blitz3D)
> The only catch is...you have to get the models.

If you call getting your own models a catch then you shouldent make games.

Anyways Realmcrafter does need scripting becuase well, spells, quests, shops need to be scripted into realmcrafter.

@zombie0hour:

> link=topic=39495.msg386275#msg386275 date=1235864472]
> Runescape changed their graphics engine completely and it is now fully rendered amazing 3d! Its only if you play in high-detail which you have to be a member to do. They upgraded to next-gen graphics. The free to use low-detail is still the same ol'RS but they have touched it up over the years.

You don't have to be a member… When i play from time to time i play in High-Detail

@zombie0hour:

> link=topic=39495.msg386275#msg386275 date=1235864472]
> Runescape changed their graphics engine completely and it is now fully rendered amazing 3d! Its only if you play in high-detail which you have to be a member to do. They upgraded to next-gen graphics. The free to use low-detail is still the same ol'RS but they have touched it up over the years.

Its been 3d.  All they did was refine their models and textures a little bit.  Its noticable, but not really a huge leap.

Lol, im just tripping over rage's avatar.

C++ is faster, but VB is more user friendly and my point is, ITS FAST ENOUGH!

3d is not brilliant because of the sheer work it requires to create models ect. Its not for a "This week i am creating '* Online'" type of people. Its not exactly too difficult, but if you dont have an experianced background to understanding and maybe getting stuck into the coding yourself on these small scale projects, your going to become stuck, fast. (Believe me, 10 years experiance at this, 2d is far better for small projects)

@Fulou:

> Lol, im just tripping over rage's avatar.
>
> C++ is faster, but VB is more user friendly and my point is, ITS FAST ENOUGH!
>
> 3d is not brilliant because of the sheer work it requires to create models ect. Its not for a "This week i am creating '* Online'" type of people. Its not exactly too difficult, but if you dont have an experianced background to understanding and maybe getting stuck into the coding yourself on these small scale projects, your going to become stuck, fast. (Believe me, 10 years experiance at this, 2d is far better for small projects)

Those people never accomplish anything anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
@[WTF:

> Rage link=topic=39495.msg389036#msg389036 date=1236267504]
> A C++ Port?
> Nah, there isn't. I've seen Godlord get close to completing one, but no one ever finished

I do not make ports at all.

> C++ is faster, but VB is more user friendly and my point is, ITS FAST ENOUGH!

C++ is more user friendly in my opinion. VB6 makes me sleepy.

Regards,
  Xenonyte.

@zombie0hour:

> link=topic=39495.msg403228#msg403228 date=1237609037]
> Not willing to admit that your out-dated slym? *chuckles*

XD lmao. I just dislike the 3d games since they are on a never ending quest to be realistic. Lets face it. A game can't ever be realistic, its in a fucking tv screen.

I would recommend c++, but it doesn't have some types of codes that is used in vb6 so it would be a bit hard to convert. But I saw that someone was working on it already…

So maybe its better to keep with the basics (vb6) and just make upgrades with directX upgrades and java upgrades.

Comments,