Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My 'first' map

Waffle

This is the first map that i made (indoors) my outdoor ones suck :P

but here it is…....

![](http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/9135/firstmap.jpg)

i'm still working on it though…..im gonna add like armor, rugs, a shopkeeper, and a next floor (thats what the stairs are for) i put this much together in less then 2mins. (im a beginner, i don't know if thats good or not?)

please rate 1-10 and i dont mind critisism, because critisism makes you learn your mistakes and what you can improve on!

i was gonna change that but now i know i must!! lol…..

![](http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/1091/myfirstmapprogress2.png)

• 2 weeks later...
looks good but the room is to big 5/10 and you should make it an armor shop so its just got armor in it not armor food wine and general suplies

I'd say: shrink the building.
Do you notice how many free space you got?

Also, make the door 1 tile lower, and make the top ones of the floor at the bottom on fringe2.
Make a Roof tile, so, when you're walking below it, you can still see yourself (if you know how to edit the tileset, you could check the tiles (make a dot equal to the backgroundcolor of the tileset like you would make a checkboard) and place it on fringe 1.
If you do so, remember to copy it first xD

firstly, thats a REALLY big room.

For something i can only presume is a shop, a room that big would only be necessary if you had rows of shelves full of items (missing in pics above).

Also, people like order, and witha  space like that, the storekeepers would organise stuff into piles. For instance you might have 4 or 5 of the big rolls of fabricy stuff in one section, rather than jsut one, and piles of weapon lined up somewhere else.

@Baron:

> firstly, thats a REALLY big room.
>
> For something i can only presume is a shop, a room that big would only be necessary if you had rows of shelves full of items (missing in pics above).
>
> Also, people like order, and witha  space like that, the storekeepers would organise stuff into piles. For instance you might have 4 or 5 of the big rolls of fabricy stuff in one section, rather than jsut one, and piles of weapon lined up somewhere else.

Ok, that helped me aswell when mapping interior.
Thanks!