Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Animated Arrows

Jaiden

The title pretty much explains it. Is there a way to make it so arrows have a couple of frames of animation when they fly?

I'm sure it will take some intense editing, but I'm just wondering if it's possible.  :icon_crap:

I've had it before. Basically you just make a new item variable that determines whether or not the item is animated.

Then, you put a new option on the ItemEditor window that toggles the animated option.

Then in the sections where you Blt the player/playertop you wanna check for each piece of armor and if it's animated advance a variable by one and add that variable to the item that you paperdoll.

I can't really explain any better without giving the code which I don't want to do.

But that would work because the arrow would change as well as long as each of the copies of the bow weapon have a different frame of the animated arrow.

@DrNova:

> finde the waling animation, a bit of comman sense/intelegence should enable you to see where ans how it adds axtre frames

Were you on a cell phone, or something else?

Jaiden, if you get a tutorial PM it to me and I'll add it.

-Alpha

Have more confidence, and you'll even the biggest noob in coding can accomplish something almost no-one has ever done.

(Took me as an example) I actually made, as my first code-change, a pokemon battle system.
Of course, it wasn't really good, but it was useable (if people wouldn't use Cheat Engine etc).

After 6-7 months, I became better and can now make even more things.

–> Don't give up, fate (and time) is all you need.

@[VB:

> anasky link=topic=40920.msg409304#msg409304 date=1238268804]
> Have more confidence, and you'll even the biggest noob in coding can accomplish something almost no-one has ever done.
>
> (Took me as an example) I actually made, as my first code-change, a pokemon battle system.
> Of course, it wasn't really good, but it was useable (if people wouldn't use Cheat Engine etc).
>
> After 6-7 months, I became better and can now make even more things.
>
> –> Don't give up, fate (and time) is all you need.

Thanks for the reassuring. I'm sure with the time I could do it, but I think someone like Alpha who's a very good programmer might have a better chance. I'm stronger in mapping and design than programming, it's just who I am. I've added small stuff on my own, but I'm not ready for full-blown edits like that yet :P.