Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Trying To Get Admin Access

shadowfox

Since I have downloaded Eclipse, I have been following the Guides on how to get this up and running so I can start editing. However, when I went to give myself Admin Access so I can edit (changing the 0 to 4), I get this:

Joe                               

The file format that my character is in is a .DAT file. I have been downloading random programs to find what the original program was that made this file, but im having no success.

Does anyone know the original program, or how to read this .DAT file?

FYI, im running Windows XP, and the newest version of Eclispe.

Thanks in advance,

Shadow Fox

if ur using 2.7 go to ur server, bring it up , hit players, then click the online player [you] and hit give acess and then type in 5

@[Emblem:

> link=topic=40987.msg404677#msg404677 date=1237740581]
> Someone needs to update the guide.

The guide is for TE I guess.

Wouldn't matter anyway, there's actually a stickied topic at the top of the questions section, explaining how to do this, but nobody ever notices it.

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Umm, @shadowfox did you not read what marsh said?

Ok. Start your server, then start the client (/client/client.exe, /server/server.exe).
Log in with the account you want to be an admin on the Client, select a character and enter the game.

Switch to the server window and switch to the "players" tab, then right click your name in the list and "Make admin"

Something along the lines of that, (I never actully did it myself xD)

Yes, I am reading everyone's reply's, and I thank everyone that is.

However, I am just not seeing where im suppose to go. I have the server and the game on.

Accounts>shadowfox>Char1.DAT

That is the pathway I am going but because my file is .DAT, I cannot read it. Also, when I right click or just click in general, there is nothing on my screen that is saying to give access.