Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Emblem needs help with vb6, the world might end.

emblem

I don't think that's what he means. Emblem, you mean like, drawing an object on PicScreen using directX commands then outlining it?

Ummm… I would imagine, you could draw it 1 px higher and further left, and then make the destRec 2 pxs bigger on the right and the bottom and then if there's a Dx command to lower the brightness all the way to 0 that would make it black

@Ghost:

> Ummm… I would imagine, you could draw it 1 px higher and further left, and then make the destRec 2 pxs bigger on the right and the bottom and then if there's a Dx command to lower the brightness all the way to 0 that would make it black

I completely lost focus here….
Man, it sucks to not know DX

@[VB:

> anasky link=topic=41148.msg408119#msg408119 date=1238133910]
> I completely lost focus here….
> Man, it sucks to not know DX

Heh, but he is right. I'm trying to do it in Pure DX7 code. BlitFast a surface, then outline it.

@Ghost:

> and then if there's a Dx command to lower the brightness all the way to 0 that would make it black

But there isn't. I might have to lock the surface and use the resulting array to draw the outline manually.

@[SB:

> Chakkra link=topic=41148.msg408722#msg408722 date=1238203246]
> I was promised an ending world?

If I don't figure this out, the world WILL end. I can do ANYTHING (that's normally possible from vb6) in vb6.

:lipsrsealed:

do an array calculation on your bitmap loaded in memory.

scan along the pixels in an image and when you detect one that isnt invisible and isnt the outline colour change the color of the pixel up left right and below to the outline colour.

then once you have your adjusted bitmap display it to screen.