Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Bought a gold lisence

sephiroth976

Hey i just today found out about the new Eclipse and i have to say i was kinda amazed, and so i figured i might aswell get a gold license, i read you need to log in with an account but i didnt realize the account on the game server was separate from the one on the site, so i bought it and payed through paypal THEN i logged in with the server and it keeps logging in with silver, so i was just curious if it will fix itself and just takes a while or if i had to let someone know?

That's because the order has to be processed manually for the time being (apologies for this!), I will send out a note to the developpers once they're online so they can set you up though. You'll receive a serial key and instructions on how to redeem it, after you've done that you can tag the little "log in as gold" box on the server panel and you're good to go!

Sounds like a good idea.

By the way, is there a board for suggestions? or do you take suggestions? theres a sort of simple thing that i always tried to implement myself when messing around with eclipse, but since this is not open source i wanted to make a suggestion for it.

Il just type it up here, what im talking about are boxes, an item that you can double click and it will give you one of several items at random, i find them very useful for creating equipment boxes that can drop either a random armor piece or weapon boxes that have a small chance of dropping higher level weapons.

> equipment boxes that can drop either a random armor piece or weapon boxes that have a small chance of dropping higher level weapons.equipment boxes that can drop either a random armor piece or weapon boxes that have a small chance of dropping higher level weapons.

I don't know for sure, but you can probably make an item like this with the event system. 

-seal

Not specifically in a certain forum section, we tend to just use the QA forums for this purpose. (Although sometimes we have to nudge the topic in the right direction to get it under review!)

EDIT: The event system can't trigger from items, HOWEVER you can make a lockbox item, and have the event system work on a tile that could be an NPC that gives you a 'random' reward for the player turning that item in to them.

That would probably work, but in the long run it would be a lot more work when you deal with a large number of different boxes for different sets of equipment.

On a side note tho, like Sealbreaker mentioned, having items and maybe skills that can trigger events would open for more customization without having to mess with the source, i used those features a lot when i used to work with RPG Maker, but its just a thought, something like this would be nice to see in a future update.

The problem is just how the event system works right now, it's completely based off of map processing rather than an individual system that runs seperate from it. So having them triggered by an item is just not feasible unless the entire system is rewritten and replaced.

I agree it'd be a nice idea, but the way it works right now just makes this impossible.

EDIT: That doesn't take away that item containers aren't a good idea, you can trigger them from spells, items, chests etc. for example, and that'll give them a nice purpose.