Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Learning C++

Marsh

So ive been trying to learn c++ for something to do. Not sure if i am going to be a chef or a programmer. So this is what i did after a couple days of fiddling. I know its not much and could probably be programmed in a hour but im just learning.

The npc walks around, controls are the same as eclipse, it gets the news from the ftp. Just finished coding the health bars. Not going to make a game or anything with it, just fooling around trying to learn the basics. Trying to get it to work with my server for now.

I had the map loading working perfectly but it took way to long so i removed it going to try a better system.

![](http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/7610/asdfqlx.png)

I know its not much but im happy i got anything.

Ironically, Marsh I'm working on C++ crap right now as well. Although I'm having a hard time finding where to start on things…

Aside from that, might I ask why your game is named like the secret of mana super nintendo game? Haha, I miss that game.

Well, I'll keep my eyes open as well. If I see something on the net I'll let you know, and hell if I happen to go back to a shop near my dad's called "Lost treasures" (they have all sorts of old games and such) and I see it there I could let you know. Cause it's going to be a tough find.