Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How do you make server worldwide?

Emosyos

Hey,

I have been searching on how to make the eo server work on multiple networks as I can only get it working on one. I can't find any good tutorials that I can follow. If you know could you make a step-by-step tutorial on what to do to your router or whatever you've got to do.

Yours truly,

The Pug Lord

all you do is simply open up your config file and put your ip in beside were it say ip= if you dont know your ip look it up at ipchicken.com

then simply to let others play take all the files in client folder zip it up and set it up for them to download but remember the ip must be in the confi.ini

but for your computer keep the ip as local host or it will not open on your pc

best of luck hope this helps ~johnson

> all you do is simply open up your config file and put your ip in beside were it say ip= if you dont know your ip look it up at ipchicken.com
>
>  
>
>  
>
> then simply to let others play take all the files in client folder zip it up and set it up for them to download but remember the ip must be in the confi.ini
>
>  
>
> but for your computer keep the ip as local host or it will not open on your pc
>
>  
>
>  
>
> best of luck hope this helps ~johnson

You forgot to mention that he needs to forward his port there is a tutorial somewhere for setting it up ill look for it and post it for u

> Linksys running Tomato. Also Virgin.

if you have access through the router try port fowarding the port number you get from config.ini. You also need to get the ipv4 to forward it to. Bring up the cmd prompt by typing cmd in the start > search textbox. from there you type ipconfig and look for ipv4\. You cannot dual client using the ip from ipchicken.com or whatsmyip.com etc(thats for the other people who want to connect to your machine) instead you need to use the ipv4 ip if your running from another machine connected to the same server provider.

if you simply can't get to work, you're better off using that shitty hamachi lan connection.