Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse - The E-Book??

Mulkaar

Okay,

Well i thought that a brilliant Idea would be an Eclipse E-Book. A complete beginner's guide to creating a game, from the very first fragments of thoughts to creating the main structure of the game. It'd be awesome. With interviews and tips from great Eclipsers such as Baron, Soljah, Nikkos, Munro, Marsh, Anna, Gwen the ORcale and many more. Including tutorials such as Soljah's mapping tutorials etc. I'd write the whole thing it'd take a few weeks maybe ecen a few months but I'd love to do it. The only problem is I'd need permission from Marsh, and it'd be about 2.7 which when 3.0 is out no one would care about 2.7 :(

So C&C What do you think huh?
Good Idea or Bad and Why?

Oh yeah. There would be sections on everything from Spriting with tips by Slym and Ghost and other artists to Music with help by Desiderium and other Artists. Everythign would be covered. And I mean a real book. I might even publish it and make a contest or marsh could. to win it!

An e-book as PDF is way too static and is annoying to edit. An e-book written on a wiki like wikibooks is probably better though, although people have to check it up every time as many changes will come through the months.

Regards,
  Godlord.

@Desiderium:

> There is already a few "ultimate" tutorials, so an e-book is not really needed.

Really? Link me to some? Also this is all Sections of tutorials combined. And not just tutorials, it'd be a whole book, featuring even stories by People for their games, Pages featuring games such as SWT, Lostica etc. How to make a good game. Essentially its a huge tutorial but more than a tutorial. It's hard to explain!

@Anonymiss:

> An e-book as PDF is way too static and is annoying to edit. An e-book written on a wiki like wikibooks is probably better though, although people have to check it up every time as many changes will come through the months.
>
> Regards,
>   Godlord.

That's a pretty good idea actually.
Maybe a webpage featuring everything? But then that'd be annoying to navigate through…

Anyways, I am known for giving a select few ideas a "nudge" so, if anyone really wants to see this happen, Take a look at all the software I will be using to make this happen:

![](http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/7813/alladobestuff.png)

so, InDesign, Photoshop, and otehr stuff I got, will go towards helping make this thing look nice and professional.