Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse to LOL

WiseRock

Hello,

I am here to ask: could you use EO 4.0 to make a game like LOL. What I mean is for players to randomly group up with people they don't know and they fight another party that is also randomized. The map will be Manually done but any idea on how would this work; since you can't edit the source.

possibly not e4, but you could add lobbies into e3 or any open source engine, then when done there all put into a party, and spawned at set places on the map. The only thing i could not do was the "towers" that shoot at opposite team/party. Anythings possible open source. I have not used the events part of EO yet, so maybe possible using events?

With the way Eclipse Is designed, this isn't going to work on ANY engine without massive rewrites to everything, from the sockets to the movement and combat mechanics. So I'd say you're better off writing something from scratch if you want it to be any good. Although, why make ANOTHER League of Derpfumes clone? We have a million of those already all over, and they rarely attract any decent amounts of players unless they do something new such as SMITE.

making a moba game with eclipse will require a lot of work and a big part of the engine should be rewritten you are better off starting form scratch. Also its not such a good idea trying to make a clone of the most popular game in the world right now which also is free to play. Unless your game has something really unique nobody is gonna be interested in it