Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Twilight Movie….

ENIGMAX

Even if I only skim the book, just enough that I can SAY I've read it. I've found that, if you haven't, then the people who like it will cling to the defense of "BUT YOU HAVEN'T READ IT SO YOU DON'T REALLY KNOW" as though it were holy writ. I don't intend to spend a week reading it or anything, I can read pretty fast. I figure I'll skim it to see if the dire tales are true, and be done with the foul thing.
And yes, it is ironic.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've read all the books, and seen the movie. They are horrible on so many levels.

The books are honestly the worst-written drivelfests I've ever had the displeasure of reading.

And do you know why they are in love? Honestly?

*SPOILERS*

Because he's glittery and she smells good.

WTF?

All it is is a preteen girls wet dream.

The only redeeming factor about any of it is the chemistry between the two actors in the movie is actually not too bad. The acting was still shite though.

/rant

I actually tried reading it just to see what the fuck all the girls were having orgasims over … I couldn't even get threw the first fourth of the first book ... seriously, its dull as shit. Now my girl friend is making me go over to her house to watch it. I must prepare myself ...

- Adulese

@Bone:

> and yeah I didn't really like the glittering in the sunlight thing
> (From what i've heard)

Its the Stephanie Meyer (the author) explanation of why vampires don't go out in the sun, meaning they will not die in the sun, therefore making the boundaries of where they can go and what they can do much less constricting in the writing process.

@-[Nightmare:

> - link=topic=42658.msg431295#msg431295 date=1240282521]
> Its the Stephanie Meyer (the author) explanation of why vampires don't go out in the sun, meaning they will not die in the sun, therefore making the boundaries of where they can go and what they can do much less constricting in the writing process.

It's still retarded.

XD

@-[Nightmare:

> - link=topic=42658.msg431295#msg431295 date=1240282521]
> Its the Stephanie Meyer (the author) explanation of why vampires don't go out in the sun, meaning they will not die in the sun, therefore making the boundaries of where they can go and what they can do much less constricting in the writing process.

That seriously is the stupidest thing I have ever heard …

- Adulese

Qoute: [SB] Ninja-Tech:
im not sure in wat order tho.
but i heard that there is a very graphical part in the book where bella and the vampire dude have hardcore sex and break the bed.
thats wat ive heard from ppl that read the book.

lol I read all of the books, they're very addicting btw, I could not put them down. being a immature 18year old guy, when I found out about the sex in 4th book, I raced through all of the books so I could read the 4th book lol

The point of Vampires is that they ARE restricted in their actions. In exchange for the ability to live forever and have a plethora of supernatural abilities, they must give up things such as the gentle caress of the sunrise. The fact is, if they can go into the sun and just sparkle, they aren't going to be all dark and angsty. For one thing, they've been alive for centuries anyway, by that point they would have either matured past teen angst or killed themselves. What the author more wanted to do, it seems, is just make a race of pretty and powerful people who live forever and don't have many actual weaknesses.
I still haven't been able to bring myself to actually sit down and suffer through the books, but from everything I've learned they have none of the classic vampire weaknesses. Am I wrong in this, or is it actually that bad? Because, you know, if it turns out that apparently getting a wooden stake through the heart would have been too 'constricting in the writing process', I think I'm gonna have to go make some voodoo dolls.

idk if anyone else heard about this, but I heard on the radio today that there were rumors going around that the new moon movie was being put on hold while the author stephanie meyers was being sued for stealing ideas for the series. Quote:(93.3 FM Radio) "The movie is still being made and there is not going to be any charges against Stephanie for making a vampire movie"
I thought I should share that :)

WOW… its not that big of a deal for all the hate. How many other stories have been chagned?

OMG hunt down the people that made the spiderman movies... he has an unlimited amount of webs in the movie... he doesnt have to make web cartridges.

In twilight, Edward wants to suck her blood and kill her, but they have trained themselves to not be murderous. Instead the feast on the blood of animals. They explain that they are the vegan version of a vampire surviving only on "tofu"... they must constantly fight the urge to kill. There are other vampires that do kill.

The angst is drived to a specific demographic... TEENS! How much freaking angst is on these forums.
This is more a love story than a story about vampires. It is just a different way of retelling romeo and juliet.
Edward wants Bella, but knows that he cant have her with out hurting her. He has the power to read everyone's mind except her's and that is what is driving him.

Yes the sparkling in the sun is lame... but you know what... its a different twist on the vampire "story"... remember vampires are not real, you can read into them how ever you want. In the twilight movie they sparkle... big deal. Their reason for not going in the sun is they would sparkle and give themselves away. They think its the most disgusting thing in the world to shimmer like that but Bella thinks its the most beautiful thing.
They still have to rip the bad vampires head off to kill him.

In the next movie, they introduce werewolves.. and the teen werewolf loves Bella too... ohhh more angst!

I am not a defender of this movie. I saw it... and it was ok for what it was... a teenage angst love story. There was a little bit of action. It deliverd what it intended. Was it the greatest thing around? No... not by a long shot... but there is no reason to hate it so much.

Im nly going by what my friend tells me. I sit there. Begging in my mind for her to stop. Sparkeling in the light. Vampire v werewolf fights. (Off topic here. Why do vampires and werewofls hate each other so much. Frankenstien should teach them a lesson. Yes I know hes a monster, I can use him in the content I want to.). Stay away, Im dangerous :l

Super fast, super strong, _Super good looking._. (She said that D:)

The fact is, if you're going to take something as broadly represented in so many forms as a vampire, try to stick to the established conventions. What she's done is the same as saying "Its a book about dogs, except they have 6 legs and antennae". You can't say that it is something and then change it that drastically, it's something else entirely.
Also, the vegan versions of vampires? Really? I can't even begin to describe how lame that is. Read any proper vampire book, at any point where they feed on animals it's a horrid experience. The point is that they WERE human and that they need HUMAN blood to survive. It would be like a person living on dogfood. Technically speaking you can, but it's gonna suck. You won't be totally healthy by a longshot.

All the author did was go through, pick the bits of generic vampirism that she actually liked and tossed the rest to the wind. That is pathetic. And to claim that some of the changes were because certain factors (i.e. sunlight BURNING THEM TO ASH) was constricting for the story is a mark of a bad writer. Don't write yourself into a corner, or if you have something in mind use characters that can deal with it, don't be a douche and make shlitty excuses.
And Vampires vs Werewolves? How breathtakingly original. Bravo.