Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Beginners Guide Answering Question [InGame Solutions]

msd92

**I Decided to make a tutorial with all recent questions i had in order for other noobs like me to see the answers and
probably help them out too!**

Beginners Questions: How do i add a new map, and how do i combine multiple?

**Answer:** When you're in your map editor, hit "Map Properties".
You'll see where you can enter numbers for "Up", "Down", "Left", and "Right.
If you're on map number 1, and you want to go to map number 2 when you go north, put "2" in for "Up".
Save the map, then map 2 will be connected to map 1.

Beginners Questions: How do i use spells, and how do i give my character a spell?

**Answer:** Now, spells are easy, but they abit bugged.  To get them to work, you either have the script them, or when making them, use the checkmark "AOE" (or w/e it says).

To give out spells, all you have you do is make a new item, and under the item's type, select "Spell"; then you can assign the spell to that item.
Then, for someone to learn the spell, simply give them the item (you have the item be a book, and they learn the spell from using the book; see what I mean?).

Beginners Questions: How do i make a shop, and how do i make it work?

**Answer:** The main thing you got to do is go to the Admin Panel and say "Edit Item".
Next thing is make a currency item with a example name of "gold".
Next thing is to make a shop by going to admin panel and clicking "Edit Shop's"
Now add your items in here, except the Currency Item, create new items if you miss items..
Now when your done with your shop, go to "Edit Map" and select "Attributes", there is a shop attribute..
Select the Shop you just made then select an area on the map where to place it, done!

Beginners Questions: My bank doesnt work as it should 

**Answer:** The buttons are only 1px by 1 px, you will need to fix them.. Here is a fix:
http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,30650.0.html

Beginners Questions: How do i add more sprites into my game?

**Answer:**if its in the right format, you can just name it sprites.bmp (it should be bmp)
In your Client folder, there is another folder called GFX.

Copy your file in there, but i would backup your sprites.bmp that is in there already, just copy it to your desktop or something.

Beginners Questions: Autotiles? For fast painting maps..

**Answer:** Autotiles don't work with eclipse :(

I will update with more for each time i have a new noob question with some good answers :)

• 5 months later...
@msd92:

> **I Decided to make a tutorial with all recent questions i had in order for other noobs like me to see the answers and
> probably help them out too!**
>
> Beginners Questions: How do i add a new map, and how do i combine multiple?
>
> **Answer:** When you're in your map editor, hit "Map Properties".
> You'll see where you can enter numbers for "Up", "Down", "Left", and "Right.
> If you're on map number 1, and you want to go to map number 2 when you go north, put "2" in for "Up".
> Save the map, then map 2 will be connected to map 1.
>
> Beginners Questions: How do i use spells, and how do i give my character a spell?
>
> **Answer:** Now, spells are easy, but they abit bugged.  To get them to work, you either have the script them, or when making them, use the checkmark "AOE" (or w/e it says).
>
> To give out spells, all you have you do is make a new item, and under the item's type, select "Spell"; then you can assign the spell to that item.
> Then, for someone to learn the spell, simply give them the item (you have the item be a book, and they learn the spell from using the book; see what I mean?).
>
> Beginners Questions: How do i make a shop, and how do i make it work?
>
> **Answer:** The main thing you got to do is go to the Admin Panel and say "Edit Item".
> Next thing is make a currency item with a example name of "gold".
> Next thing is to make a shop by going to admin panel and clicking "Edit Shop's"
> Now add your items in here, except the Currency Item, create new items if you miss items..
> Now when your done with your shop, go to "Edit Map" and select "Attributes", there is a shop attribute..
> Select the Shop you just made then select an area on the map where to place it, done!
>
> Beginners Questions: My bank doesnt work as it should 
>
> **Answer:** The buttons are only 1px by 1 px, you will need to fix them.. Here is a fix:
> http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,30650.0.html
>
> Beginners Questions: How do i add more sprites into my game?
>
> **Answer:**if its in the right format, you can just name it sprites.bmp (it should be bmp)
> In your Client folder, there is another folder called GFX.
>
> Copy your file in there, but i would backup your sprites.bmp that is in there already, just copy it to your desktop or something.
>
> Beginners Questions: Autotiles? For fast painting maps..
>
> **Answer:** Autotiles don't work with eclipse :(
>
> I will update with more for each time i have a new noob question with some good answers :)

There's an Eclipse F.A.Q.

Regards,
  Godlord.

You have two servers open, the server saves when you close it, so if you have two open, then the second one will save, which has nothing. Press CTRL + ALT + Delete and open up task managers and close them both, then try again, BUT ONLY OPEN UP ONE!

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

• 4 months later...