Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

English seems backwards.

shadowwulf

Although English is my only fluent language, it seems very backwards to me.

Best example is the start and end of a sentence.

We start with a capital letter to show that its the begining, then end with punctuation.

So we know the start, yay!

But we still dont know how to take the sentence until the very end, sometimes causing us to re-read it.

What it we typed it like this:

!so we know the start, yaY

Idk. Maybe I am just to logical of a thinker.

Ummm yeah I agree, English is not my first language, in fact there are many aspects of it that I find illogical, yet again, after learning English, I found some aspects of my mother language illogical too, I think each language has its own illogical side to it, maybe in the future with the Globalization and stuff we'll all end up speaking a common, and completely logical language… that's just an idea though.

@Edache:

> Ummm yeah I agree, English is not my first language, in fact there are many aspects of it that I find illogical, yet again, after learning English, I found some aspects of my mother language illogical too, I think each language has its own illogical side to it, maybe in the future with the Globalization and stuff we'll all end up speaking a common, and completely logical language… that's just an idea though.

I tink they tryed that before.

Yeah the esperanto thing… but I mean not that they create a language, but I think we'll all end up speaking one same language, not exactly created by a bunch of people and then implemented, I mean like with all this mixture of cultures going on, I'm guessing in the future no distinguishable races will exist and one same language will be used.

mainly syntatically speaking, english is odd…

"Throw some hey over the fence for the cow" -English

"Throw the cow, over the fence, some hey" -Deutsch

"I saw a small grey round rock" -English

"I saw a rock small grey round" -French

In english... the main part of what you are trying to convey is always at the end... so you tend to have no freakign clue what they want until they are done... maybe it was a system devised to stop(or increase due to confusion) interuptions.