Darksunlight Productions - Multi-Free Web Services [Last Updated:2010-07-27]

Zananok

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Zananok:

> link=topic=43711.msg551491#msg551491 date=1254164421]
> Cool ^^, Oh and I just went to see your 'My Page', and reminded me I still have to make a tutorial for better usage of it, oh and by the way, you have it on 'MMORPG' category :P
> The other guy who has CSS is on the 'Shooter' category, and seeing his page reminds me again to make that tutorial :P
>
> I will start to make tutorials this week, and linking them on the 'Tutorials' links.
> Here are the ones I have in mind, in order:
> 1-Installing not Normal Servers (e.g. CS:S)
> 2-Connecting to MySQL database (I saw some uses on the forum where requesting it…, on web hosting section)
> 3-Creating and Using the 'My Page' Configuration (Server hosting)
>
> Then I will code some new templates that can be used for the 'My Page', then I will make few upgrades while I work on the 'New Hosting'.
>
> Oh and today, I think I will fix tthe explanation on requesting 'verification', may people may have confused:
> Click on GREEN (Which turns the flag red), requests a verification. Meaning, when it shows red, it means you are requesting.
> Click Red to cancel, meaning when it turns green it means you cancelled the request.
>
> Comments,
> From: Zananok

I'm going to change now, Green = you asked for verification and 'red' = there is no verification, so if you want to request, you cick on the 'red' flag which turns green and virse-versa, plus a better explanation, I was to lazy to give a good explanation, so there for its bad explained. Fixing now then I will go to work.

Edit:
And DP users, plese post on the forum 'http://darksunlight.no-ip.info/phpbb3/', on the chit chat topic, where Tyr posted, to say that you still are a mamber. People who alredy posted on the forum on another part requesting for support, commenting or anything of the such, don't need to post there if you don't want to.

This is related to the email verybody received, users registered 2~3 days ago, its not necessary.

Comments,

Forums are tricky to start off.
Unless you have a reason for that forums. (e.g. Eclipse is for MMORPG Making and 4chan is for Pics)
Once you get a community then you're off.
Unless it starts dieing down because of some random reason which is happening to eclipse. Strange enough.

@killerbees:

> No problem Zana. I figured i would start using the forum for the server :) And maybe it will start getting active? :)

Ay ^^, I actually check that forum much often than this one, so expect to received faster and better support there ;)

@мсичġġєт:

> Forums are tricky to start off.
> Unless you have a reason for that forums. (e.g. Eclipse is for MMORPG Making and 4chan is for Pics)
> Once you get a community then you're off.
> Unless it starts dieing down because of some random reason which is happening to eclipse. Strange enough.

I quote that, plus yeah I know :P, its logic, and giving the circumstances, I have the first (and only server hosting on the internet), but I am actually doing this, because I dont want this to look like a eclipse only server hosting, but a (the) server hosting for all types. Plus I am giving equally supports to all types of servers and also, I have 5~10 users who aren't part of eclipse and such, and to minimize support work and help fater trhe members, is better to have all problems and solutions on a single place. Doing this, as side-effect, it will result as creating a community, probably.

Comments,

Thanks.
I explained this to Killerbees, I can't use your forum right now because my internet is capped so anything not in my cache already is a no-no. I tried loading it and I got nothing more then a few basic icon images and plain text.
My internet resets in two days though. ;)

Edit: Also, right now my main need for your hosting is so I can get a few friends to do testing on my game. It may also be a little while before I upload stuff to be run :P

Edit 2: And then of course after that, to actually host it publicly :P

Once again, I live in Australia. There is no such thing as unlimited internet. A large cache means less bandwidth wasted which means it might not get capped at all during the month. It also means, all websites I downloaded when I had bandwidth will be nice and quick to load when I don't. Very simple.

I am officially closing the 'Server Registration' today. Haven't got your spot? Too bad.
Last user to join the 'Server Hosting': Anna. I may open it later.

Users not posted on the forum will receive a email again 5 days before I 'terminate' their accounts without further warning.

All the other hosting are still available for registration.

Comments,