Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

PutVar

Choseal

Hey, it's me again, sorry for all the questions :P

I made this little script that will help me report hackers when they are somewhere they shouldn't be:

Case 3
Call putvar("Scripts\security\" & GetPlayerName(Index) & ".ini", "MAP", "Login_Name", Getplayerlogin(Index))
Call putvar("Scripts\security\" & GetPlayerName(Index) & ".ini", "MAP", "Player_Name", Getplayername(Index))
Call putvar("Scripts\security\" & GetPlayerName(Index) & ".ini", "MAP", "Player_Sprite", Getplayersprite(Index))
Call putvar("Scripts\security\" & GetPlayerName(Index) & ".ini", "MAP", "Current_Map", Getplayermap(Index))
Call putvar("Scripts\security\" & GetPlayerName(Index) & ".ini", "MAP", "Player_X", Getplayerx(Index))
Call putvar("Scripts\security\" & GetPlayerName(Index) & ".ini", "MAP", "Player_Y", Getplayery(Index)) Exit Sub
End Select
End Sub

Now the problem is, it works, and it makes the file with the characters name, but it's a .Dat file, and I can't open it with notepad, it's completely empty. (0 Kb)

Did I do something wrong? (This is my first time working with put and get vars)

@Choseal:

> Hey, it's me again, sorry for all the questions :P
>
> I made this little script that will help me report hackers when they are somewhere they shouldn't be:
>
>                 Case 3
> Call putvar("Scripts\security\" & GetPlayerName(Index) & ".ini", "MAP", "Login_Name", Getplayerlogin(Index))
> Call putvar("Scripts\security\" & GetPlayerName(Index) & ".ini", "MAP", "Player_Name", Getplayername(Index))
> Call putvar("Scripts\security\" & GetPlayerName(Index) & ".ini", "MAP", "Player_Sprite", Getplayersprite(Index))
> Call putvar("Scripts\security\" & GetPlayerName(Index) & ".ini", "MAP", "Current_Map", Getplayermap(Index))
> Call putvar("Scripts\security\" & GetPlayerName(Index) & ".ini", "MAP", "Player_X", Getplayerx(Index))
> Call putvar("Scripts\security\" & GetPlayerName(Index) & ".ini", "MAP", "Player_Y", Getplayery(Index)) Exit Sub
> End Select
> End Sub
>
> Now the problem is, it works, and it makes the file with the characters name, but it's a .Dat file, and I can't open it with notepad, it's completely empty. (0 Kb)
>
> Did I do something wrong? (This is my first time working with put and get vars)

The dat files are usually in the \Accounts\ folder, there's no reason it should generate a dat file in the \Scripts
security\ folder
Though, I should point out, you have a sytntax error (afew of them).
Firstly, "Eit Sub" should be a on a new line, not after the final putvar.
Also, you can't have, e.g.:
Call putvar("Scripts\security\" & GetPlayerName(Index) & ".ini", "MAP", "Login_Name", Getplayerlogin(Index))
It would need to be:
Call putvar("Scripts\security\" & GetPlayerName(Index) & ".ini", "MAP", "Login_Name", "" & Getplayerlogin(Index) & "")
Let me know what happens.

Ooh, sorry, the Exit Sub was just a mistake cause by me deleting a sentence while posting on the forum, it was OK in the main.txt.

Ok, I fixed it now, but I still get that .Dat file, altough I now noticed it didn't have a file extension at all.. o.o

```
                Case 3
Call putvar("Scripts\security\" & GetPlayerName(Index) & ".ini", "MAP", "Login_Name", "" & Getplayerlogin(Index) & "")
Call putvar("Scripts\security\" & GetPlayerName(Index) & ".ini", "MAP", "Player_Name", "" & Getplayername(Index) & "")
Call putvar("Scripts\security\" & GetPlayerName(Index) & ".ini", "MAP", "Player_Sprite", "" & Getplayersprite(Index) & "")
Call putvar("Scripts\security\" & GetPlayerName(Index) & ".ini", "MAP", "Current_Map", "" & Getplayermap(Index) & "")
Call putvar("Scripts\security\" & GetPlayerName(Index) & ".ini", "MAP", "Player_X", "" & Getplayerx(Index) & "")
Call putvar("Scripts\security\" & GetPlayerName(Index) & ".ini", "MAP", "Player_Y", "" & Getplayery(Index) & "")
Exit Sub
End Select
End Sub
```

@Choseal:

> Ooh, sorry, the Exit Sub was just a mistake cause by me deleting a sentence while posting on the forum, it was OK in the main.txt.
>
> Ok, I fixed it now, but I still get that .Dat file, altough I now noticed it didn't have a file extension at all.. o.o
>
> ```
>                 Case 3
> Call putvar("Scripts\security\" & GetPlayerName(Index) & ".ini", "MAP", "Login_Name", "" & Getplayerlogin(Index) & "")
> Call putvar("Scripts\security\" & GetPlayerName(Index) & ".ini", "MAP", "Player_Name", "" & Getplayername(Index) & "")
> Call putvar("Scripts\security\" & GetPlayerName(Index) & ".ini", "MAP", "Player_Sprite", "" & Getplayersprite(Index) & "")
> Call putvar("Scripts\security\" & GetPlayerName(Index) & ".ini", "MAP", "Current_Map", "" & Getplayermap(Index) & "")
> Call putvar("Scripts\security\" & GetPlayerName(Index) & ".ini", "MAP", "Player_X", "" & Getplayerx(Index) & "")
> Call putvar("Scripts\security\" & GetPlayerName(Index) & ".ini", "MAP", "Player_Y", "" & Getplayery(Index) & "")
> Exit Sub
> End Select
> End Sub
> ```

Can you post me a screenshot of the folder containing the .dat files?

This works for me…

2 suggestions: Try capitalizing the .ini bit. The second is that you create the .ini in the source and use sadscript to put variables into it - shouldn't be needed but sometimes computers can be stupid.

@Choseal:

> ![](http://i40.tinypic.com/wb9sb5.jpg)
>
> I can change the file into a .ini file, but it's still empty..
>
> And sorry Crimson, I wouldn't know how to make a .ini file in the source..

[off-topic]OMFG, YOU'RE DUTCH! Welcome to the Club.[/off-topic]

Regards,
  Godlord.

@Choseal:

> Yep, I'm using EE 2.7.
>
> So..With those commands, I just need to make that map, and it automaticly generates a .ini file with the players name, etc. right?

It depends which sub you posted that in; did you put it as Case 3 for a scripted tile?

You could just put it in the OnNewChar sub (I think that's what it's called) for it to auto-generate when a player logs into the game.  Or, you could put it in the OnMapLoad sub, etc.

@Choseal:

> Lol, thank you, do I need to pay some kind of entrance fee? x3
>
> *Takes a quick bow* I've heared a lot about you! :P
>
> [/Goes back on-topic]
>
> Edit: Omg, fleshlight >.> xD

It's just the Dutch board.

@Bobosk:

> by chance, in your folder options, are you "Hiding extentions of known file types"..?
> (i don't see why this would be a problem, but humor me xD)

That could be possible though. But that still wouldn't explain why the files are empty.

Regards,
  Godlord.

Nope, that wasn't on, but I dont think that would have fixed anything anyway, because it didn't show a pictogram either.

I've uploaded the file, using winRar, because MediaFire wouldn't let me upload 0kb files x3

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=01363181f915f377391d7d881749d3a7e04e75f6e8ebb871

Try this:
```
                Case 3
Dim path
path = "Scripts\security\" & GetPlayerName(Index) & ".ini"
Call putvar("" & path, "MAP", "Login_Name", "" & Getplayerlogin(Index) & "")
Call putvar("" & path, "MAP", "Player_Name", "" & Getplayername(Index) & "")
Call putvar("" & path, "MAP", "Player_Sprite", "" & Getplayersprite(Index) & "")
Call putvar("" & path, "MAP", "Current_Map", "" & Getplayermap(Index) & "")
Call putvar("" & path, "MAP", "Player_X", "" & Getplayerx(Index) & "")
Call putvar("" & path, "MAP", "Player_Y", "" & Getplayery(Index) & "")
        Exit Sub
  End Select
End Sub

```It may help.