Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

REALLY OLD STUFF!

Hippoman789

hehe… my atari 2600 was my grandpa's... I dont think it really works that well... its been so long since i hooked it up.

I also have turbo graphix, and a virtual gameboy that i bought off some guy for $25\. I love collecting old systems.

My vectrex my neighbor threw away in the trash... It is so awsome... I should buy more games for it.

Oh yeah I have Empire Strikes Back too! We used to play that forever (well since the game doesn't end)!
XD

I should go dig that Atari out from wherever it is. I wonder if I can hook it up to the old Amdek monitor down here (that's all I need is more electronics keeping me out of the daylight!).
:icon_alabanza:

You are 5% from being muted Corey. Try to treat that _assinheadus disease_ you're currently suffering from before you post again, please.

About the Virtual Boy, I only played it on the demo machines at the toy stores! It was pretty neat (the tennis game was fun), but sort of wierd, the monochrome red was a bit hard on the eyes, and the goggles whatever wasn't too comfortable.

Zeee goggles they do nothing!

yeah… its this giant thing that sits on a stand... I think there are some spots where you could strap it to your head... but you would look like a freak...

![](http://romcollector.com/images/vb.jpg)

The graphics were actually pretty good for their time, and it truly was 3D… it was actually way advanced for its time....

but they were all in red, and it did kind of hurt your eyes after a while. LOL if you play for like 10 mins or so it stops and says you should take a break! XD

![](http://www.gameculture.com/files//tmp/mario-tennis-virtual-boy_219150510_std.jpg)

I dont know it got a lot of bad press, but I think its pretty cool. I wish i had more games… I have tennis, golf, boxing, warioland, and some other one i think.

It didnt cause blindness… Im not blind! Actually it never really bothered me that much anyways.. but a lot of people even have problems with 3d movies. My brother in law gets sick watching 3d movies.

I think it was just too expensive and weird for most people... and the fact that it was red.

Actually Gwen, I remember some bad press about that and people developing eye problems from it. Sure I don't think the feds or anyone took it down, but it wasn't that cost-prohibitive at the time if it had better publicity. I mean I remember SNES games brand new costing $60 in 1994 or around then, and sometimes even more than that, so $180 isn't cost-prohibitive for a system.

I liked Vboy however I didn't really like to use the viewing method. Virtual Boy Wario Land was the best game for it atlest I think so. The other good games are Mario's Tennis, Red Alarm, Jack Bros was also kind of neat.