Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Microsoft E3

symphonia117

Today at E3 microsoft made announcements about many new games and features in regards to the xbox 360.

Summary:
>modern warfare 2 (demo)
>>>ice level, looked very nice, better GFX and the new concepts applied look fantastic.
>tony hawk: ride (uses a new skateboard controller)
>>>the new controller looks decent but they didnt show any actual use with it
>guitar hero: beatles
>>>just another GH game… whoopdie-doo
>final fantasy XIII (release spring 1010, demo)
>>>Square enix has been putting a lot of time into this, can't wait for it to release!
>splintercell: conviction (demo)
>>>im not a splintercell fan but this game looked amazing!
>epic studio's xbla title, shadow complex (demo)
>>>sidescroller shooter, looked okay but nothing "amazing"
>halo 3 odst (demo)
>>>looks pretty nice, you play as the rookie, you slowly find new items of interest throughout new mombossa.  with each new piece discovered you go into a flashback of another odst and play as them.  you slowly learn the truth behind mombossa (this takes place during halo 2)
>Halo: reach (trailer)
>>>secret bungie project, takes place on the planet reach.  storyline follows that of the book "the fall of reach."
>left 4 dead 2 (trailer)
>>>looks nice.  adapted a slightly cartoony look.  think of half life 2 mixed with team fortress 2.  i like it personally.  its not too cartoony but it does have a slightly fake feel to it.  it also has a crapload of more gore. yay blood!
>crackdown 2 (trailer)
>>>involved some type of alien.
>forza motorsport 3 (demo)
>>>looks amazing.
>joy rider (avatar game)
>>>looks dumb but it'll be free to gold members.
>alan wake (demo)
>>>basically its a horror game with narration. like its a story.
>metal gear solid rising (coming to the 360)
>>>WOOT! take that sony!!
>Sky tv (uk and ireland only)
>>>pretty sweet but not for US :(
>facebook and twitter (fall 09)
>>>its ok... i wish it had a browser tho
>last.fm
>>>listen to live streaming radio on xbox
>project natal
>>>motion sensing for the 360.  if you thought the wii was cool... microsoft pretty much just perfected it.  this is 100bajillion times better than the wii if it works.  the prototype seemed glitchy but this thing can read ur entire body, remember voices, and so much more.  all you have to do is stand in front of it and it recognizes you. lionhead made an amazing demo using it.  they made the ai capable of simulating emotions based on your own.  the ai responded and talked back to you and what you said based on how you said it.  and this is all on the xbox 360!!! AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/projectnatal/

@JBA:

> He sounds like one of those kids that hate it just for the sake of hating it. Cmon Hippo, support your opinion instead of giving us vague responses.

ok ill support.
i hate halo.
Why?
1\. everyone is always like ZOMG ITRS THE BESTSEST GAMEZ EVBERS!!1!!11
1&1/2\. the above makes me mad because they never shut the fuck up.
2\. the game is pointless after being beaten. as most games are.
2&1/2\. and by beaten i mean you got everything.
3\. its on xbox. i hate xbox.
3&1/2\. i hate xbox for many reasons but im not going into that right now.
4\. the forge is ok, but its boring after a while of making the same stuff on uneven ground.
5\. multiplayer is super laggy no matter where or who i play with. (i dont own a xbox so ive played at about 3 other friends house, and a cousins)
6\. people hack all the time on multiplayer.
7\. multiplayer is generic back and forth boom boom boom.
8\. graphics are not amazing at all. bland and squarish. (by that i mean everything is a damn square or like one).
9\. everyone praises the graphics but i dont understand why, then people like you tell me i just hate it for the sake of hating it.
10\. only the rts version is good because its 1, a RTS and 2, not common that a FPS turns into a RTS and taht makes it unique.

i hope you have enjoyed my rant and will start to understand i hate things for a reason.
fuck off and enjoy your life.

@Nope:

> 3\. its on xbox. i hate xbox.

Sorry, I had to stop reading once I came across that biased "reason". The console has nothing to do with the gameplay itself. I figured it would be a waste of time reading the rest, because I can see where this conversation is heading;)

@Nope:

> duck off and enjoy your life.

Haha okay tough guy.

![](http://i541.photobucket.com/albums/gg363/atownboi_2008/middle_finger_flame_jpg_w300h300.jpg)

Whats an Xbix?

Project Natal does seem alot like the eye toy.

Halo 3 FTW.

Xbox. The only problems I have with it, is that I have grew up with the PS controler. I can't change to the Xbox. It's too hard. It gets all the great games D: (Well. Since InFAMOUS has came out for PS3\. It's a different story.) How they break very easily.

@Hippoman:

> reasons.
>
> my reasons.
>
> my opinions are my REASONS for why i do what i do.
> if my opinion was that the xbix 350 was the best damn thing ever, i would ducking defend it, why? becuase my OPINION affects and creates my REASONS.

Sorry to break it to you, but a in order to have a reason you need to have rational thought. You're incredibly biased. What you lack is sound judgement, therefore your "reasons" mean nothing to us.

C'mon Hippo, you can be a decent guy and everything,
but thats just stupid…

You can't give a bunch of biased opinions,
and the 'I hate everything (or mostly everything) (but the beatles)' act gets old and annoying...

Maybe if you put it in a better way it'd be better taken