Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Need a new computer?

symphonia117

Hello Eclipse community.  I just put this on craigslist for a job app and I decided to add it here as well.  I thought some of you might want a new computer and if you don't know how to build one… then I thought I might be of some service. 

-----------------------------------------------------------

Basic Info:

Name: Blake Hughes
e-mail: [email protected]

About:
I've been a computer enthusiast for about the past four years now.  Almost everything I know is self-taught.  I've modded my own PC to some extent and I've also done some html coding and regex (IRC) scripting before.  I'm the person all of my friends come to when they need help with their computers weather its hardware or software based.

Skills:

My main skill in this case is computer upgrading or building a completely new PC.  I built a gaming PC for my friend with a $1500 budget.  This included a monitor, gaming keyboard and mouse, and a headset.  He first went to Best Buy and for $1500 he found that the system they could give him had far lower performance parts.  Upgrade costs via Best Buy would have cost him an additional $300-400.  Besides... the PC I built him had shiny blue LEDs and a clear case... you can't beat the shiny blue LEDs... :p
If you don't trust me building you a computer I can also pick out the parts for you to order and have a professional build it for you.
Other skills:

-HTML (front page, some dreamweaver)
-regex (for IRC bots)
-basic computer help
-etc.

Process:

1) Contact me regarding what you want via e-mail
2) I will create several PC builds under your specifications and budget (all items are selected at the cheapest prices that I can find, most are via NewEgg)
3) You now have 2 options:
  a) Pay for the system build layout only ($15)
  b) You send me the money and I will order and build your PC ($50 minimum build fee, Final price is determined based on PC type)
4) Considering trust is a main issue here (because of money), I will exchange personal information with you in order to help assure you that you could take legal action against me if necessary (and vice versa if necessary).
5) I will order your parts (sending you the tracking numbers for all of them) and notify you of when they arrive and when I begin building.
6) When your PC is finished I will ship it to you (you must pay for shipping costs).

NOTES:

***I will only use PayPal for any money transactions.  This is good for both of us since PayPal's system allows you to recover your money easily if you are scammed (WHICH YOU WILL NOT BE!!).
***All parts are bought band new.
***If I break or ruin anything or do anything wrong I will pay for it myself
***I would love to get a chance to build a high-end gaming PC.
***I consider myself to be trustworthy...but you probably don't.  A PC is expensive, and You might not want to trust me doing this.  All I can do is assure you that I'm trustworthy.
***I can overclock your PC if you want.
***I prefer building systems designed to run best with Windows or Linux.

Feel free to ask any questions via e-mail ([email protected])

@Timmah:

> So you are saying you will build a computer if we wanted one?

Yes.  Basically you just tell me the budget that you are working with and what your PC requires.  I will find the best parts for the best prices that I can.  After I've confirmed part compatibility You'll send me the money to order the parts, shipping, and my personal fee (usually $50-100) through paypal and I'll order, build, and ship the PC to you.

As I said… Having a custom built PC is often cheaper than a store bought PC.  I'll also load it with all the essential software as well as let you choose from a list of useful programs you want to come with it.

Let me know if you're still interested :)

@symphonia117:

> Yes.  Basically you just tell me the budget that you are working with and what your PC requires.  I will find the best parts for the best prices that I can.  After I've confirmed part compatibility You'll send me the money to order the parts, shipping, and my personal fee (usually $50-100) through paypal and I'll order, build, and ship the PC to you.
>
> As I said… Having a custom built PC is often cheaper than a store bought PC.  I'll also load it with all the essential software as well as let you choose from a list of useful programs you want to come with it.
>
> Let me know if you're still interested :)

I probably am.  I will post back here with more details.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
hah… yeah. necro poster :p

anyways...

The only computer I have built is my friend's.  And I don't have any pics.  Just the list of parts I used.  Once I get the money I plan on building one for myself though.  I'll take pics of that once it happens... if it happens ;_;