Find results in...

Wii Homebrew

Galacta-Knight

@Dimension:

> It's called 'softmodding'.
> That does not void your warranty.
> 'True' modding does…
> It may cause a 'brick'.
> This, I don't know much about, but from what I can tell, It prevents most function of your Wii. BUT:
>
> A. Most applications tell you if there is danger of a brick.
>
> B. Some applications come with a internal app, called 'Brickblocker'.
>
> C. Universal 'Unbrick' discs are made.

I see then… Well I'd definitely do it if I had a Wii lol

Go [here](http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Bannerbomb) for Bannerbomb.
Go [here](http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_Channel) for the Homebrew Channel and set-up details.
Go [here](http://wiibrew.org/wiki/BootMii) for Bootmii.
Go [here](http://wiibrew.org/wiki/AnyRegion_Changer) for Anyregionchanger.
Go [here](http://wiibrew.org/wiki/List_of_homebrew_applications) for a list of other apps and downloads…

I have a Wii, I'm planning to order a DriveKey (completely solderless) for €32 so I can burn these PAL ISO's and play them. After that I can install WiiBrew and try to add support for it to Xenongine.

I'm planning to do buy some WiiWare licence in the future because at this moment I can't afford the $2000.

Regards,
  Godlord.

Some games just dont work with usb loaders. I know of at least 5, and i have not been able to get rockband to work with usbloader even tho i have the new cios, and loaders.

Oh well thats where my chip comes in!

The only things which works here as for softmodding is the HBC, DVDX and Bannerbomb. HBB doesn't work because of my SD**HC**, none of the games on my SD**HC** work, none of my ©IOSes work on my SD**HC** and the best part is: I don't own a SD-card lmao.

> Try re-downloading them.
> Tiny errors in downloading can cause errors in start-up.

Some titles just don't work with some modchips, that is known for a long time though. Oh and re-downloading them wouldn't be useful in my case as all my files are CRC32-checked over 9000 times and at least SHA1-checked once.

@Gwen:

> Umm I don't think cdr will work. Most games are at least a gig
>
> Pure homebrew stuff will work tho

As far as I read GameCube games are about 1.2GB and all the Wii ISOs I currently have are all exactly 4.37GB.

Regards,
  Godlord.

goddie…

while its true that all wii games are a 4.37gb dnload... most are infact around the 1gb of actual size. The rest of that 4.37 is filled with garbage. You can use wiiscrubber to get rid of all the garbage to make your iso smaller. Also when you add games to an external hd using wbfs it automatically scrubbs your games down to the smallest size it can. I actually have some HORRIBLE wii games that are under a gig. Very few wii games are 4GB after being scrubbed.

• 2 weeks later...
@Harley:

> goddie…
>
> while its true that all wii games are a 4.37gb dnload... most are infact around the 1gb of actual size. The rest of that 4.37 is filled with garbage. You can use wiiscrubber to get rid of all the garbage to make your iso smaller. Also when you add games to an external hd using wbfs it automatically scrubbs your games down to the smallest size it can. I actually have some HORRIBLE wii games that are under a gig. Very few wii games are 4GB after being scrubbed.

I wasn't sure if you were talking about unscrubbed ISO files or not. I just burn them to my DVD anyway, after some patching and checking for PAL Europe. I knew about the garbage part because I burn a lot of DVDs myself, half of the ISO being nothing.

btw. I bought a SD-card for €6 and now I'm able to play every game at 3x :P.

Regards,
  Godlord.

• 3 weeks later...
I recently tried to softmod my wii.  I got an sd card and installed the homebrew channel and some apps off of it.  I have firmware version 3.3 and the homebrew apps work and whatnot, but I haven't been able to get burned wii games on dvds to play.

@Scware:

> I recently tried to softmod my wii.  I got an sd card and installed the homebrew channel and some apps off of it.  I have firmware version 3.3 and the homebrew apps work and whatnot, but I haven't been able to get burned wii games on dvds to play.

You need to get cIOS 249 installed, as far as I know. I had to install several IOSes and at the end I had cIOS 249 which allowed me to play from burned DVDs.

Regards,
  Godlord.