Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Auto-Updater?

Timmah

I have this auto-updater that I made in VB that auto-updates teh game when-ever it starts.  I have the source for Eclispe, and I want to know how to make that form be the start-up and then show the main menu.

I can't really help you with your already-made one, but here: http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,39403.0.html

If you were able to make your own updater, I'm sure you'll be able to adapt this code with ease, for your updater.

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

:embarrassed:

@Robin:

> What's the point of having an auto-updater within the actual program? You'd have difficulties updating the game's .exe file.

What the point!?  It saves my users from having to re download the game, (e.x every time I add a sprite set. :D  lol.

@Robin:

> You missed the point of my post. What's the point of having an autoupdater in the same program as the actual game? You can't update the game's actual .exe.

No, No. Updater is a separate .exe file.  I will tell them to run it when new sprites are released, etc.