Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Annoying attack damage show

dao

when you attack a monster or a monster attacks you a red or white number starts floating up. but then i noticed if u get hit again that number that was already floating up disappears and then another number goes back up. how woul i make it so it just adds another one instead of using the same one. it really annoys me

Hell no, that'd be a mess.

Store them in a circular array, give it a size of 10 or so, then just write up a simple code that allows the values to be cycled through in that array. Basically, everytime a new packet came in with a new set of data for some damage text, the array would load in that new value, and load OUT the oldest value. It's a very clever little thing, the circular array.

Personally, I use it as a system to store text within a custom "textbox" for my chat.

![](http://lcm.csa.iisc.ernet.in/dsa/img42.gif)

As you can possibly imagine, I'm getting a bit bored of having to tutorialise everything.

I try and help people with it first, if they don't even try to do it themselves I just stay clear of the topic.

I think that's fair. Wait for Ballie to post his tutorial :P

@♪♫♪:

> I generally hate doing it too, Robin, but I've gotten so used to tutorials that it's no big deal anymore. Besides, I'm going for a teaching degree, and it has to start somewhere, eh?

Argh, sounds horrible. This new "No child left behind" policy makes teaching as enjoyable as running through tar.