Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Can you help me?

guzmanm

Well…Umm... Actually I am doing a new game, and ALL the tutorials I have found didnt helped me at all, well, some did, but others are for later versions of eclipse, and thats no good. My question is, how can I make a class to not to appear at creating character, but, at a time, it can be used, Eg. I crate a character called warrior, obviously i choose warrior as class, then, when I am at lvl 10, I go to somekind of house and step in somekind of floor, it automatically makes me a paladin or something. Note* I cant choose paladin as a starting class whaen creating my vcharacter. Ok, now, can someone help me? please!

Hello guzmanm, welcome to Eclipse :azn:

If you're looking at the tutorials on the main website (freemmorpgmaker.com), stop; you won't find any good tutorials on there.

Here are the tutorials you should be looking at: http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,36286.0.html
Anything that has the tag: [EE2.7] is an up-to-date tutorial; I'd recommend starting out with the http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,36848.0.html

Now, to have the class files NOT appear in the character creation screen, go into Server\Classes\, and open the Class.ini file.  You'll see a values called "Locked=0".  Change that "0" to a "1", and that class will not appear in the character creation screen.

Once again, welcome to Eclipse, and if you have any other questions, please let us know :)

well.. Thank you very much, but… I saw that trick before but, still didn't work at all. I mean that the class i put locked one dissapears, Ok, but the class next to it is affected, I mean that if I pu locked₧1 to warrior, and warrior have 20 strengh, if archer is next class, and have 15 strengh, it will be affected, and will have 20 strengh, the same sprite as warrior, and the same description, please, i really need, and thank you again. for the tutorial, long ago i was loking for a pd tutorial and i have found it becuase of you, really thx u

@guzmanm:

> well.. Thank you very much, but… I saw that trick before but, still didn't work at all. I mean that the class i put locked one dissapears, Ok, but the class next to it is affected, I mean that if I pu locked₧1 to warrior, and warrior have 20 strengh, if archer is next class, and have 15 strengh, it will be affected, and will have 20 strengh, the same sprite as warrior, and the same description, please, i really need, and thank you again. for the tutorial, long ago i was loking for a pd tutorial and i have found it becuase of you, really thx u

This is a strange, and up until now, unnoticed bug; I'd recommend you report it in the Bugs and Errors board.

What you could do, as a work-around, is have all the classes that you're using at the character creation screen be the classes with locked=0, and have them first (e.g. Class0.ini to Class3.ini), then have the classes that will be locked, placed after these classes (e.g. Class4.ini to ClassN.ini).  This is what most users do, and I suppose is the reason nobody has noticed this bug.

Whoa. Engine bug. I'll get right on that.

Found the issue. I'm in the process of debugging now.

Done. Will be added to the 2.8 download once Aksel comes on. [http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,46959.0](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,46959.0)

Thank you guys, all of you, very much. I will be recruiting for my game: Kingdom of Glory. I am not that good with graphics, but with gameplay, people adore me! Actually I have only 2 maps done because…. instead of making... I play, its because is so funny, but the worst is that... I am all alone, hope when it comes to light, i will be no more alone! Thanks you guys, really, I appreciate your help. If you sometime play my game, please, let me now. I will make you admin, or give you locked class. Well... when i get to know, how the hell lock it!!! Well, better see that tutorial that Derrick just gave me. See ya in another post, I hope