Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How do I make my client full screen?

poke1103

If you were to change the handle then yeah, but the you would have to put controls over the form which the backbuffer is drawn too. Which is a big no-no.

Also, because I feel like it:
Eclipse doesn't flip the backbuffer properly, it blit's it to the primary surface instead of flipping it.

@Zetta:

> change
> ```
> Call DD.SetCooperativeLevel(frmMirage.hWnd, DDSCL_NORMAL)
>
> ```to
> ```
> call DD.SetCooperativeLevel(frmMirage.hWnd, DDSCL_EXCLUSIVE or DDSCL_FULLSCREEN)
> call DD.SetDisplayMode(800, 600, 24)
>
> ```then disable the window menu bar for frmMirage.

This works, I used this when I was working with KO.

On frmMirage, go to the Properties on the right. Look for where it says "BorderStyle." It should currently be at "1-Fixed Single." Change it to "0-None." I suggest making a backup of your current frm.Mirage file before trying this. It should disable the window menu bar.

```
Private Sub Form_Load()
Move 0, 0, Screen.Width, Screen.Height
End Sub

```
for the form you are wanting fullscreen the above must be posted within that form….

now for the form you posted above for you select in its options:
```
MaxButton = False
WindowState = 2, Maximised
BorderStyle = 0, None

```
This will only make the window go fullscreen of whatever the users resolution is..
however this will not stretch the screen to fit the fullscreen…

tip:
to stretch a picturebox to that of a fullscreen you would use something like
```
Image1.Move 0, 0, Picture1.ScaleWidth, Picture1.ScaleHeight
```

It will take some work if you are wanting it all fullscreen… =\ just note though thta you would be required to add everything in to picture boxes if you want it to over lap you screen...

(this is doing it w/o dx)

DirectX is still the best way to do things such as this, make your card and your software render together is a good idea if you know what to render from your card and what to render on software...

I'm sure there are others who could explain this further but this is the only thing I could come up with that isn't really using directX

Edit;
bleh, Monkey posted. Guess you dont need this info, anyways I'll leave it here..

@Zetta:

> check the code I just posted. You need to first set the cooperative mode to allow full screen.

I found you were either missing some syntax to 'SetDisplayMode' or I was doing something wrong. I googled my problem and found out the line was supposed to be written as:

> Call DD.SetCooperativeLevel(frmMirage.hWnd, DDSCL_EXCLUSIVE Or DDSCL_FULLSCREEN Or DDSCL_ALLOWREBOOT)
>     Call DD.SetDisplayMode(800, 600, 32, 0, DDSDM_DEFAULT)