Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Games designed to suck.

Aldur

lol admiral said so much about the topic split and I never even took a look becuz i was kinda confused until now.

erm this topic is getting really long lols I dont know how to get myself started….

Well atleast we have now, in MMORPG HISTORY, THE GRAND COMPET--comp...copet...compttiiitt....*mutters* THE GARND COMPETITION FOR THE WORST MMORPG GAMEZ EVAH!!!! lols

Other than that we're doing this in our own interest, to me, the game I'm doing is actually like a game I'm addicted to. (that sounds a bit...erm..) Lets edit that, To me, making my wierd game is like a sport I'm addicted to doing (even tho I has no favorite sport)

If I'm correct, Admiral set out to make RO into a parody game. It's demonstrating how NOT to make a game. By doing all the common and silly noob things, he was hoping through parody to show that this was WRONG. However, the community's turned this on its ear, and now it's cool to make a bad game. The argument that it's good practice and whatnot is rubbish (sorry, but I truly think it is). RO was never about practicing. Sure, Admiral got better at scripting and pixeling because he was doing all the work himself, but that was just a side effect.

All the followers of RO have seemed to taken what RO is on the outside - a crudely pasted together MMO, but fail to realize that it's an anti-MMO in the first place. It's all about concept.

Ballie is right :\
unfortunately, people LIKED  ROxD and now make their own versions, or plan to PLAY it.
And now admiral is putting in scripts newbs could never think of, just to make it more retarded.
Defeats the purpose now…

Whats so sad about this is, ROxD is actually inspiring people to make this style of game. Why? Because it's easier than making your game actually look professional, and it's different so it seems to generate more hype and more people want to play it.

I like how Ballie put it, anit-MMO, or parody.

When I first set out to make ROxD, my goal was (and still is) to make a game the wrong way; use cruddy graphics, unbalanced gameplay (you should see the star class right now!), difficult leveling, etc.  This is exactly what NOT to have in a game, and it's actually just killing time until Solar Eclipse, and I can make my zombie-mmo.

Retarded Online xD to MMO, as Encyclopedia Dramatica to Wikipedia.

I'm pretty much doing the opposite of what's suppose to be done, for purely cynical reasons.

@Everyone saying ROxD will be a failure because people will play it:
I've said this numerous times; the community may last a week at most, then everyone will realize how bad the game is, get board, and stop playing; every other designed-to-suck mmo will crash and burn shortly after.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
making my game actually made me step-up my sprites, now I'm actually going to make my game not suck at all, with things to attract players to (although I don't know if they like it or not) but I still add some stuff that is slightly like retarted online xD

> Case 10
> Call TakeItem(Index, Currency'sItemNum, 999999)
> Call PlayerMsg(Index, "HAHA YOU ARE SCREWED!!!", WHITE)
> Call OnDeath(Index)
> Call LoadInternet(Index, "www.smouch.net/lol/")

i cant beleive that so much effort was put into trying to tear down the reasons to make such a game.
At least they admit they are doing it for fun… not for profit or respect.

Even though their goal is "retarded" it doesnt mean it wont take any skill to create.
Alot of _decent_ games have been made by throwing the scraps and leftovers of other games together.

Most of us here are hobbyists, not someone trying to break into the career of game design.