Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chi Web Browser

Name: Chi

About: Chi is a lightweight crossplatform web browser coded in C++. It uses the WebKit layout enigne also used by Apple's Safari web browser and the popular Google Chrome.

Features:
Lightweight
Crossplatform
99% W3C Compliant (soon to be 100%)
Quick search tags (search:, images:, video:)
Default search engine
Default video portal

Coming soon:
Bookmarks
Tabbed browsing
Download manager
Private browsing
Elements inspector
History
Plugins
more…

Screenshots:
**Will be back soon… Sorry for this.**

If you don't know what the Acid3 screenshot is showing, that is a test on web standards for the browser you are using. Here is where Chi stands:

IE 7: 14
IE 8: 20
Konqueror: 89
FireFox: 94
Chi: 99
Safari: 100
Chrome: 100

**If you have any features you would like to suggest, PLEASE DO SO!** And no, this is not the same as using the WebBrowserControl in VB, it is not IE based.

Its on his 'Coming soon'  features,
Also, I don't know how easy it'll be to type 'search:' before stuff (instead of just typing it straight up in chrome), but the fact that I'm comparing you to chrome means you've got me interested. Or maybe its just that i'm comparing you to my current browser.

@Bones:

> Its on his 'Coming soon'  features,
> Also, I don't know how easy it'll be to type 'search:' before stuff (instead of just typing it straight up in chrome), but the fact that I'm comparing you to chrome means you've got me interested. Or maybe its just that i'm comparing you to my current browser.

coming soon isnt always soon, but yeah that search might suck. please try and match chrome's website search ability (like.. dictionary.ref              -> press tab to search)

Zearth, yep<3\. It will be pretty feature rich when I'm done, but not bloated.

Update: Fixed up the settings menu a bit (visual/code wise). Here is the new SS:

![](http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/8140/screenshot2wia.png)

@Krankzinnig:

> Zearth, yep<3\. It will be pretty feature rich when I'm done, but not bloated.
>
> Update: Fixed up the settings menu a bit (visual/code wise). Here is the new SS:
>
> ![](http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/8140/screenshot2wia.png)
> im sure there are more search engines people use than that, but i cant seem to think of one

The security should be pretty top notch. Comparable to Safari and Google Chrome cause we use the same underlying engine that handles the javascript, cookies and etc.