Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ah this is a putvar question

escfoe2

:huh:  I'm in need of help but its very simple I just don't know how or if there is a way to do what I need!  What I am trying to do is add + 1 to a variable in a .ini file.  Here is the trying example.  Call PutVar("Scripts\Rank\" & GetPlayerName(Index) & ".ini", "Player Rank", "num_npc_kls", !@#$)  I want !@#$ to just be bumped up + 1! Is there a way??  :icon_crap:

I'm telling you right now, you'd crash your main if you added this:
```
Call PutVar("Scripts\Rank\" & GetPlayerName(Index) & ".ini", "Player Rank", "num_npc_kls", [email]!@#$[/email])

```Since the "email" tag isn't supported in VBScripting.

Anyway, I'm going to assume you have a number in that rank, and you want the number to be raised by one.

This is actually pretty easy; you just need to get the value, convert it to a number, add 1 to that number, and put it back, like so:
```
Dim Number
Number = Int(GetVar("Scripts\Rank\" & GetPlayerName(Index) & ".ini", "Player Rank", "num_npc_kls"))
Number = Number + 1
Call PutVar("Scripts\Rank\" & GetPlayerName(Index) & ".ini", "Player Rank", "num_npc_kls", Number)

```
That _should_ work.

Also, try to be abit less sloppy with formatting in your posts; think of it this way; would the CEO of Nintendo, ask for help on something code-related, like that (using email tags, and making the size really big, etc)?