Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Icy Land Thing

pRoX

So I finally decided to sit down and spend some time with Eclipse and try my hand at some mapping.  Since I'm not too familiar with adding and editing tiles I just decided to use one of the default tilesets that come with Eclipse.  I ended up taking the Ice cave tiles and using it for an outside mountainy cliffs type thing. Anyhow, here it is, tell me what you guys think. :)

For just learning it looks really good!

A few things i personally notice:
1- all od the voodoo stuff seems to stick out, it seems to have no purpose and is sor of cluttery
2-the large cave opening in the middle has no ground layer (its jsut black)
3- A few of the ledges on the cliff dont seem to blend in and just sort of shoot out
4- i dont really like the icicles around the base of the cliff

Even if i find room to complain, i still like it although it seems lacking color (but then again its an ice mountain so… xD)
Good job!

Cool man!

The voodoo stuff placed at some of the spots is because I thought of it as sort of a Ice Troll grounds, so where you see those is where the NPCs would spawn and patrol.

The cave opening has a dark ground because light doesn't really shine all the way to the floor.

And yeah I still have to smooth a lot of things out.  There was only so much I could do with that little a set of tiles though. :P

Thanks for the critique!