Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Translation

Darkonever

Hi

I recently was thinking about something that would make the Eclipse better. And so I guessed that if game would be quite popular there is a quite big chance that there could be players that aren't native English and like to use their own language in game. So how about adding other language support for Eclipse Origins. I think about system where there is an additional position in config.ini named language or something alike. The new folder named languages or lang with multiple files, each for different language. And if player choose a different language in main menu the other parts of the game (including GUI would be in his/her language). I know It's very, very much work to do so but i just want to know is it just possible to add.

Greetings

Darkonever

Yes, it's possible, and, yes, it would require ALOT of work to make all those GUI variations. 

All you'd have to do is, like you said, add an option in Config.ini, and continually check it whenever drawing certain menus, buttons, texts, ect.

You could add a dropbox in the main menu that the player could select a language from. 

Basically, yes, it's possible.

> Yes, it's possible, and, yes, it would require ALOT of work to make all those GUI variations. 
>
>  
>
> All you'd have to do is, like you said, add an option in Config.ini, and continually check it whenever drawing certain menus, buttons, texts, ect.
>
>  
>
> You could add a dropbox in the main menu that the player could select a language from. 
>
>  
>
> Basically, yes, it's possible.

The gui wouldn't be so much problem. I think the biggest would be to translate all the quests, events etc. to multiple language. But as you say and I think the same with much effort it can be done.

> you gotta remember eo 4 is closed source first off.

Yea I know I can't do anything by myself. Well maybe someday developers will chose my idea as worth thing to add. Untill then I just have to wait with patience and enjoy what I already can do with this great platform :)

• 3 weeks later...