Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[Pixel] Items

IceCream Tuesday

@ZoSo:

> ![](http://orpgcreation.com/images/shield.png)
>
> I know this topic might be old, but I couldnt resist to edit that shield.
>
> Some major flaws I'd like to point out.
>
> The amount of unnecessary colours in the palette, reduced the palette from 12 to 6\. The mistake many people make with pixel art.. It may look good zoomed in, but when in normal size it looks jagged and sketchy. Shading the outlines allways gives Volume and Depth. Also filling out the missing outlines fixes alot of problems.. especially with backrounds, certain work can look good when the backround is black but it needs to look good over tiles, if its going to be used in games.. Therefore it should be pixeled in a mid-grey color like in the picture I posted.

I approve.
I agree with everything you said. I just posted this so that kids who are new to pixel art can knock something out without having to dive to deep into editing on the pixel level.

Necroposting doesn't count in tutorial threads.

> 1.7\. No necroposting.
>
> Necroposting is partially derived from Ancient Griek, especially from the word νεκρός (nekros; "corpse," or "dead"). Necroposting means posting in a topic older than a specific time frame, the time frame is set to one month, so you aren't allowed to post in a topic older than one month. Please refrain from necroposting and use private messages or create a new topic instead.
>
> This rule doesn't apply to the following boards: Announcements, Engine Development, Debate, Forum Games, Tutorials, Resources, Working GUI's, GFX Tutorials, Scripting Tutorials (Sadscript), Script Database, Old Scripts, Eclipse Source Tutorials/Snippets, Eclipse Source Download, Programming Tutorials (+ sub-boards), Scripting Tutorials (+ sub-boards) and Eclipse Source Edits (+ sub-boards).

In fact, it's encouraged. ZoSo added onto the tutorial. More information is always better. Plus the OP approved and agreed, anyway.

@Z͈̉͂A̶̞̗̩̥̩ͪL̘̤͚̽G̰͖̲͎̱͈ͮͤ͗͆̊̃̏O̢̬͇̹͖ͤͤ́̓:

> What I disaprove is a friggin necropost from July 27, 2009… ZoSo, urge to edit shields is not an excause.

How can I necropost on a topic which is not dead..? The tutorial is still active and works..
I just bumped it with more info on the subject.

You sir fail at moderation.

Whats your next step, to lock the topic cause you've caused an argument? >_>
I'd say remove your own post, so people can benefit from the tutorial.