Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Making a CTF game for Eclipse, Ideas/Sprites

Ruins of Hell

@Admiral:

> Enough with the spamming; breaking another rule will result in a mute.

GO ADMIRAL REFUGE!!!!!

anyways, ctf is capture the flag right?
if it is then i dont understand how that will work  XD
and yes!!! me!!!
the one who cant figure anything out  :azn:

@SFMapleMasta:

> GO ADMIRAL REFUGE!!!!!
>
> anyways, ctf is capture the flag right?
> if it is then i dont understand how that will work  XD

Yea, it's capture the flag.

And it will most likely work, where the players can choose two teams when they first register; and they can have rounds and stuff with capture the flag; something of that sort.  It can be pretty dynamic if scripted right (e.g. set it when a player logs out of the game, it simply drops the flag; or implement a prison system, and I may have mentioned earlier).

I wouldn't mind working out a core for this in sadscript if I get some free time.

@SFMapleMasta:

> wow
> that actually sounds really fun!  :cheesy:

Yea; I remember this one game that was being worked on years ago, "Flag Online"; was a military-based CTF game; had bombs, traps, 'nades, all sorts of features and stuff; the project died a very long time ago.  I'd be nice to see another CTF-game running again.

Thanks Admiral.

Yeah, I will be working on this, I have a premade script and everything. The graphics are sweet. Regarding traps and gernades, I am working on it. I'm not going to promise you anything that I am not done with/completely sure I can do. But you can expect a fun CTF game. People chose a class/side when they start. The max level will be ten, experence will be given when a flag is captured and maybe even when a player is killed. In addition to Flag Battles, I will also add an arena for plain old PVP and maybe PVP boss battles (the objective is to kill the oppenents boss. Like said, I cannot promise anything.

Colors MUST be Red and Blue. 

Or, you know we could be different and be black and white, but that sounds racist.  Maybe purple and pink?  Or Orange and green?

OR if we follow the color theory then there would be "Cool colors" as one team and "Hot colors" as another.
Hot colors are Red, Orange and Yellow.  Cool colors are Green, Blue and Purple.  other colors such as the monochromes and pastels could be added.

@TT:

> Colors MUST be Red and Blue. 
>
> Or, you know we could be different and be black and white, but that sounds racist.  Maybe purple and pink?  Or Orange and green?
>
> OR if we follow the color theory then there would be "Cool colors" as one team and "Hot colors" as another.
> Hot colors are Red, Orange and Yellow.  Cool colors are Green, Blue and Purple.  other colors such as the monochromes and pastels could be added.

I like the Purple - Green diversity. Haven't seen it in a game yet. :P So it'd be different in more than one way =]
Red - Blue is a classic cliche. We need something new, although it is an original favorite.

Ok ok… Purple and green... Lulz.
We have a problem, two to be exact, the premade CTF script failed on me. I'm going to tell the maker. But I might not get a reponse for a long while. Second, there is no trap limit. I found the script in Admiral Script Index.
However, except for those major problems. Everything running smoothly.

Either way, I'll leave the option open that I can write it from scratch (it's best to have a system made for the game if you're making it solely CTF); if you can't get that other one working, .  Making a new CTF system is actually pretty easy, and the new systems you're referring to can be adapted as well while making it.

As for traps, Emblem actually gave a great algorithm for them (hence the trap system for Retarded Online); you can do the same:
@Umbra!:

> Easy to code, when you lay a trap change the Fringe2 tile (don't check if there is one already, bugs ftw.) to a random trap tile, and change the attribute to a "scripted tile"
>
> On the scripted tile, remove fringe2, do damage, play anim, remove scripted tile.
>
> xD I had this in my old game, was one of the most used features.

To make a limit to the amount of traps used, just store something in an ini file, to check how many traps are being put down per map, and change it; if it reaches max, no more traps can be put down.

@Admiral:

> Either way, I'll leave the option open that I can write it from scratch (it's best to have a system made for the game if you're making it solely CTF); if you can't get that other one working, .  Making a new CTF system is actually pretty easy, and the new systems you're referring to can be adapted as well while making it.
>
> As for traps, Emblem actually gave a great algorithm for them (hence the trap system for Retarded Online); you can do the same:To make a limit to the amount of traps used, just store something in an ini file, to check how many traps are being put down per map, and change it; if it reaches max, no more traps can be put down.

Yeah the script I am using is similar but not the same. The difference is that it doesn't remove the Fringe2 Tile (that seems easy to fix)

You don't have to write it from scratch I'll get it working hopefully. Still leave the option open just incase.

Regarding the whole purple versus green thing. Sprite 3 and Sprite 4 for NPC's are built in with a purple and green style.