Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Quick Questions about Eclipse

Nighthawk0973

First of all, when I look at the quest editor in the admin panel there are only 5 quest slots. Are there really only this much quests in the Silver Edition of Eclipse or are there more and I'm just missing something? (If there really is only 5 that's kind of a bummer…)

Second of all, I'm trying to setup stats and how those will work and would like to know what each of the stats does and what formulas anybody could give me on how that stats are used in calculations in the underlying code of the engine.

Thanks in advance for any responses!

Really I have nothing against JC's engine its a great idea to have a community suggested development… but really should only be used by anyone who refuses to dedicate a little time now and then to learning coding. If you want an engine you will have good - full control over, learning coding and looking in the custom engines for an open source engine is your best bet ;)

> but really should only be used by anyone who refuses to dedicate a little time now and then to learning coding.

Not entirely true, I know VB6 coding. I just prefer spending 75% of my time on game development instead of spending it on engine development.

As for your answers, silver edition is limited to the amount of quests/pets and all that, as it's mainly how they market the gold edition with a better supply of those key features.

The stat formula's are listed at this link right here;

[http://www.eclipseorigins.com/community/index.php?/topic/133516-new-combat-formulas/](http://www.eclipseorigins.com/community/index.php?/topic/133516-new-combat-formulas/)

I would suggest using a different engine, EO is not worth it, and never will be. I suggest using Eclipse Worlds,  Seth has put alot of work into that engine. Either that or work off-site with Prospekt.

> I would suggest using a different engine, EO is not worth it, and never will be. I suggest using Eclipse Worlds,  Seth has put alot of work into that engine. Either that or work off-site with Prospekt.

Prospekt's UI can be ripped and used with my engine along with its particle system and the like, which is the only weakness I see it has and can be resolved rather easily.