Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Commands and basic game functions

Harkonnan

I am new but I spend the last few days looking over the the main.txt. I have been unable to find any commands that relate to items ie. giving items to characters or taking them away. I also could not find any codes for picking up dropped items. I tried writing a script to pick up items using Click On but it didnt' work.

Any help with GM/Admin commands or scripts I need to make them work would be greatly appreciated.

If someone could write the script for item pick up using click on so I could see what I did wrong I would also appreciate that.

Thanks in advance and sorry if these questions have been asked already but I used search and it took me to a different site so I figured it just best to ask here.

I found the inventory scripts and put them in my Main.txt like I was supposed to. Not a single one of the codes worked. I am not sure what Im doing wrong. But as a bonus the enter button picks up now.

One thing i did notice is that the inventory script was written as do and while statments whereas the rest of the scrip in my Main.txt seems to be written as switch statements. Not sure how much this is like C/C++/C# but from what I can figure it should still work.

Please advise.

@Everyone in this thread: Sadscript IS VbScript; and sadscript commands work in VB6.
OP, I think you should read some tutorials on SadScript; the inventory script that Godlord made, has commands like:
Call GiveItem(Index, ItemNumber, Durability)

So somewhere in your Main.txt, you can use that command.

If you are familiar with c-syntax, vb-syntax will be easy; go over some sadscript tutorials (preferably GodLord's), and check out the Scripting Board, as you will find all of the sadscript commands form SetPlayerLevel to ScriptSpawnNpc, as well as vb-syntax.

@Admiral:

> @Everyone in this thread: Sadscript IS VbScript; and sadscript commands work in VB6.
> OP, I think you should read some tutorials on SadScript; the inventory script that Godlord made, has commands like:
> Call GiveItem(Index, ItemNumber, Durability)
>
> So somewhere in your Main.txt, you can use that command.
>
> If you are familiar with c-syntax, vb-syntax will be easy; go over some sadscript tutorials (preferably GodLord's), and check out the Scripting Board, as you will find all of the sadscript commands form SetPlayerLevel to ScriptSpawnNpc, as well as vb-syntax.

Listen to him, guys.

@scholastic:

> isn't there a way i  can edit currency types…

Make a new thread please.

Regards,
  Godlord.

@Hippoman:

> Isn't it better to keep it all in one topic, reducing the amount of topics, bandwidth and such?

Reduces the amount of clarity, which makes it harder to look for an answer more quickly when you have a question and are searching for it through the topics, hence why the use of valid titles is recommended.

Regards,
  Godlord.

@Godlord:

> Reduces the amount of clarity, which makes it harder to look for an answer more quickly when you have a question and are searching for it through the topics, hence why the use of valid titles is recommended.
>
> Regards,
>   Godlord.

Ah, Thats what I thought you might say. Then I'll tell people that from now on.