• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chaoscraft - 2D Sidescrolling Skilling ORPG

> looking goood cmfriend!
>
>  
>
> and yea auto-tile system was hard to make took me  3 days to fix all bugs for it

Thanks and the auto-tile system is nice<3 Good work. 

Anyways, I've updated the topic with the new tutorial island/jamnji island lore, you can check that out. Also, a small preview of the tutorial island tiles ;)

EDIT: Added palm trees ;)

![](http://i.imgur.com/5JcVMNa.png)

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've updated the above post with the new Jamnji/Tutorial Island tiles, includes sand and palm trees :) Also, sadly,

Our beloved pixel artist, Fabzy is being sent to Kenya for 2 months, he's doing army services within the UK (I think) and he will be absent for 2 months. This does not mean that tile development will cease to continue. He will have his laptop, (hopefully) and we might even be able to chat/work with him in his downtime, although unlikely. We've hired paid artists to complete tilesets for us while Fabzy is away, when he returns after the 2 months, we then hope to have Fabzy touch up all the tiles, perhaps create more as I'm sure theres lots of work left, and progress will have never ceased. 

In-fact, Fabzy is not the creator of the sand tiles and palm trees, nor these umbrella's or sign. 

![](http://imageshack.com/a/img829/8448/bftg.png)

> I need to have a look at that swords blade tomorrow

Sure thing man. We need to properly align the sprite first, it bobs around still. Then we can fix the paperdoll. as it bobs some too.

Yes it will. Download a standard Project Vertigo Origins and use that to test sprites and paperdoll from now on :) If you have any of these concerns, PM me on Skype so we can keep this thread on-topic.

> That sand area is dope! It's a shame Fabzy won't be around (for 2 months-ish) to pixel for you anymore.

Thanks man! It is a shame :( He'll be back though, and I have a back up. 

> Hmm.. The UI's not bad.. but if you are really good at graphic design, you might need to improve it a little more..
>
>  
>
> (was expecting something like this)
>
> -snip-

The GUI is still in work, I'll be moving things around, changing things. My goal GUI is def something like that :)

> i like the sandy tiles :P, nice to see the eyes are back on the sprite :) should find out today or tomorrow when im leaving :(

Thanks, and yeah, its on the sprite when its not walking lol, and good luck man!

I'm sorry I don't have much to show at the moment, recently been in and out of the hospital. This should keep you a bit interested, though. Snow is coming to Chaoscraft!

![](http://imageshack.com/a/img545/9301/o3io.png)

Thanks man, we have a new programmer, rangerofthewest, we're (hopefully) going to be converting to a java engine, so we can have the game played in the browser. This will take some time, but its a lot better than developing in VB6\. I'll give more details when I have them.

> Why is this game pinned exactly? I mean, it looks good and all.. But pinned?

^.^ I was waiting for someone to say that, ahahahah, I paid 1,000 points for thread name color change, doesn't work, so he just pinned the topic instead.

> It just might happen that we convert to a java engine ^^

Be careful, since browser-based mmos usually mean _poor_ quality. I'm not saying that this will be, but I'd think the main benefit of Java would be so people don't have to deal with registering library files, to make the game more accessible that way.

> Be careful, since browser-based mmos usually mean _poor_ quality. I'm not saying that this will be, but I'd think the main benefit of Java would be so people don't have to deal with registering library files, to make the game more accessible that way.

Thats the main reason we decided to go with java and a browser based client is due to the fact that it's accessible to many more people that way. I go over it in more detail on my forums, anywho, why do browser-based mmo's usually mean poor quality?