• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chaoscraft - 2D Sidescrolling Skilling ORPG

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> What engine are you using? and if you're using E.O (i only assume cause you post the thread under Eclipse Projects) , what is your strategy bout the movement of the player? i mean how can he jump? cause eo can only do the normal movements up, down, left , right, that means if you press up he wont go down unless you press down? or maybe youll just program it to have jump :P

Yes, I'm using Project Vertigo. It's a sidescrolling engine. so if you press up, you go up, and come back down. We have items like jetpacks, etc, that can keep you suspended in the air for long periods of time as well. I'm also going to be adding grapples. Check out Project Vertigo, its a perfect sidescrolling engine base. 

> I think you can double post updates in your project thread CM, being as they are updates.
>
> Thought I'd say that and good luck! :D

Thanks bud, means alot!

That being said, Seth has finished programming the GUI for me (Thanks a bunch!), I bought the Bubble Strikers engine off of Zopto, which means we now have a quest system, event system 3.0, projectiles, minimap, and much much more, and thanks to Seth, a working custom GUI! I'd also like to welcome Seb to the team as a pixel artist, congratulations on the spot! We are still looking for developers and a programmer, we've have lots coming up so stay tuned and don't forget to like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter (@Chaos_CraftORPG) and sign up on our forums, thanks!

> That being said, Seth has finished programming the GUI for me (Thanks a bunch!), I bought the Bubble Strikers engine off of Zopto, which means we now have a quest system, event system 3.0, projectiles, minimap, and much much more, and thanks to Seth, a working custom GUI! I'd also like to welcome Seb to the team as a pixel artist, congratulations on the spot! We are still looking for developers and a programmer, we've have lots coming up so stay tuned and don't forget to like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter (@Chaos_CraftORPG) and sign up on our forums, thanks!

What!!! you bought Bubble Strikers!! I wish i have money to buy it O.O

> What!!! you bought Bubble Strikers!! I wish i have money to buy it O.O

Well its worth the $$ if you can get it. I still need to add a socket and gem system, and the skills system of course. An auto updater would also deem useful as well.

> well he bought engine of bubble strikers   not a bubble strikers  lol xD 
>
> btw CM superb work on gui and tilesets! :D

And the engine was well worth it, thanks mate!

> What's this "socket" system you're talking about, CM?

The socket system is on your armor and weapons, you can have up to 5 sockets, in which you can gem. Gems available can add the following:

HP

MP

EXP % Recieved

All the stats (Str, End, Willpower, etc)

Certain skills such as enchanting can add sockets to your weapons or armor, where gemcrafting you can craft different gems to put them in your weapons and armor.

![](http://imageshack.com/a/img819/7590/tefa.png)

Just a small preview of the sprite Seb made! I actually like it, I think he's cute, give some c&c, we'd love to improve!

> love it >.< can you give me sprite templates of that xD

You wish<3 Seb did a pretty good job, heres another cool one, 

![](http://imageshack.com/a/img812/4853/bx17.png)

Just some early mock ups :3

> Don't be a noob, i assume that almost everything will work on VB6.. it's just depend on skills
>
>  
>
> On-Topic: will that be on Dx7? or Dx8?

> well project vertigo is dx7 so i think he wont convert it to dx8 
>
> no idea

Yes, sadly its direct x7 until I find the money and/or motivation to upgrade to direct x8\. I'm hoping to convert the engine from VB6 to another language, but who knows, VB6 is currently treating me very well thanks to Zopto.

> Don't be a noob, i assume that almost everything will work on VB6.. it's just depend on skills

Lolz no i mean in the game would it has house warp?? because all of my playing ORPG side scrolling has no house warp only design but of course i know that even event system can do that

> Lolz no i mean in the game would it has house warp?? because all of my playing ORPG side scrolling has no house warp only design but of course i know that even event system can do that

What do you mean? How does that have anything to do with cooking? lol

It's been a while, huh? Fabzy's back from his couple-days of absence. We've come a long way since I've posted. We now have the Event System 3.0 (and 100% working), projectiles, projectile spells, friend system, minimap, working quest system, custom and functional GUI, and last BUT MOST DEFINITELY NOT LEAST…a 100% working skill system! Thanks to Seth, he's done a wonderful job. 

![](http://imageshack.com/a/img855/8400/dbit.png)

![](http://imageshack.com/a/img689/1327/xd4p.png)

With that being said, I'd like to announce a couple new skills, we've separated gathering skills from crafting skills, therefore creating Herbalism and Mining, I'll update the main topic for them soon, but they're both pretty self-explanatory. Stick around for some more updates guys!

> Will there be rewards for hitting max level in a skill?
>
> I love your tiles and I cant wait to play.

Isn't there always? ;) Hitting level 99 in a skill will let you obtain your Skill Aura. A Skill Aura is somewhat like Skill Capes in Runescape, except these capes not only have really nice end game stats, but also look unique to its skill. For example, the Enchanting Skill Aura are wings. And thank you :) Means alot.