Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Take nexon as an example of what NOT to do.

emblem

Well, the dragon boating event was too hard. So two days ago they said "Hey! Let's make it harder!".

So they took Mabinogi down for 9 hours to do some maintenance, or so we though it was 9 hours.
Later on they said it would take an hour more, then later three hours more, then even later 5 hours more, then evven later later … well you get the point. There was 5 extensions in all.

Eventually, Mabinogi was down from 3am-10pm the next day.

To say sorry for this, they said "Why not give them a 2x exp event!", and so they did. From today (and tommorow) at 7pm untill 12pm there would be double experience.

Everything was fine, my guild was running dungeons like mad when one of my guildies noticed that he wasn't getting Nao's. We then realised that any premium service that users had bought no longer took into effect.

People started complaining and yelling using the party global messages and eventually (at 10:00pm) nexon took down mabinogi (AGAIN) to fix the service.

I wonder what they will mess up next, and if they will compensate us for our losses.

**Edit:** Although I will admit they are trying their damn hardest to keep us happy.

Nexon is generally very slow to move when it comes to this kind of stuff.  Anyone who was around for Iria can attest to that.  They tried to port over the continent pretty much overnight, which was a stupid idea to begin with, and instead of just saying that Mabinogi would be down for a few days, they just kept delaying it pretty much by the hour.  Repeat for about 3 days.  But they almost always reimburse you eventually, it just takes them a while. 

The dragon boat event really wasn't that hard, my party got rank 3 in channel 6 after the update, and some of them were fairly low leveled.  They made it harder with the update, but they took out a glitch that made it way too easy, which makes sense from their point of view.

• 1 month later...