Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Our Newest World Map

Here is a pic of Ambardias most complete world map overview yet. In the game you can click on the different continents and it will zoom in to the actual screen shot maps of each area for more detail.

![](http://ambardia.com/AmbardiaGame/Maps/WorldMap92909.jpg)

@[God:

> Owen link=topic=51102.msg535002#msg535002 date=1251603447]
> the main lands is more or less just a rectangle with a little bit of curves. E.g Look at the left edge and top edge.
>
> Other than that its pretty awesome :)

The only square i see is the very middle, and i dislike that. But it is an awesome map :)

The mainland is just how the gods saw fit to place it from the beginning and that's pretty much how it will stay, lol.

This map took me 12 hours to make. I used photoshop to create about 30 different layers.
Every tree, mountain and river was had placed into its correct spots. If you were to play Ambardia and explore its lands you would find this all to be very accurate.

Thanks for the input.

@Ambard:

> Here is a pic of Ambardias most complete world map overview yet. In the game you can click on the different continents and it will zoom in to the actual screen shot maps of each area for more detail.
>
> ![](http://ambardia.com/AmbardiaGame/Maps/WorldMap92909.jpg)

Over all I like the finished result but, there's something about it I don't like…

Hmm...

I guess its the ammount of Isometric shapes used, like The Royal Mainlands for instance, seems to be almost perfectly rectangular.

I'd say add a few more "Random" outcrops of land and it'll be perfect!

@[God:

> Owen link=topic=51102.msg535016#msg535016 date=1251604815]
> no problem.
> The criticism you need most is the ones pointing out mistakes, not kissing your ass because you made a good game.
> Helps Ambardia become that much better ;)

Criticism is a great thing but not when it is finished with an off handed insult like you included.

I love Ambardia's world maps - they're so… Ambardiaey

I agree that the Main Lands look a bit rectangular but who cares - that's like saying the UK looks too much like a boot or the US resembles a dragon (it does, the upper east side is it's head, the upper west it's tail and the middle it's body) too much. Well, it's not but you get the point.