Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[EO3.0] Lagg with other people in same map

Tic Tac 2

When i have other people in the same map, there's delays in chatting, shift-right click teleporting, spawning etc.

I'm using the same engine as i've been using for other games i've made for a year and this happened all of a sudden.

When nobody else is on the map there is no lagg. But only if im alone in that map.

Additional information:

I reformatted my pc but installed the library files

What can be causing this?

Thanks in advance.

Make sure you don't run a client and server on the same computer. I've had this happen on slower machines before for some reason. Never did quite understand or catch why though but it seemed related to WinSock not receiving all the data properly (Possibly skipping over a buffer entry?)

> Make sure you don't run a client and server on the same computer. I've had this happen on slower machines before for some reason. Never did quite understand or catch why though but it seemed related to WinSock not receiving all the data properly (Possibly skipping over a buffer entry?)

Before i reformatted my pc, this didn't happen even though i ran client and server on same pc.

Also, i tried that and the server still laggs.

Also, it doesn't lagg if you're alone on a map. You can be a lot of people on the server just on different maps, but in the same one. Then it laggs. It's not a connection issue, i know that much.

Because i have local ping and it takes like 10 seconds for me to do things.

> Ping doesn't make any difference if packets are never completed. The response delay can be 0 and packets can still be dropped. But alright.

I've never had this problem before even if i run client and server on same pc. Problem still persists if i don't though

In that case I'm not entirely sure honestly. Like I know I've seen it happen a few times but could never quite pinpoint the problem. Have you tried hosting the server elsewhere to see if it's just your current computer having issues?

> In that case I'm not entirely sure honestly. Like I know I've seen it happen a few times but could never quite pinpoint the problem. Have you tried hosting the server elsewhere to see if it's just your current computer having issues?

Additional information:

This guy that lives near me, when he's on the server, it doesn't lagg at all.

But when this other guy logs on from across the globe(he lives in the us i live in europe) it starts lagging.

Remember; this only happens if he's in the same map.

Edit:

I've been searching for an EO 3.0 source but can't find it anywhere.

Does anybody have it?

Ah that's sort of possible. Thing with Eclipse is is that it uses TCP connections so every X amount of packets keep being checked if they arrived or not. And if not resent. :) So It's very possible that his connection to you is just so poor that it will constantly require data to be retransmitted.

Older versions of EO can be found here.

[http://www.eclipseorigins.com/community/index.php?/page/index.html/olddownloads.html](http://www.eclipseorigins.com/community/index.php?/page/index.html/olddownloads.html)

To fix your issue, you need to edit Sub SendDataTo server side and add a line with DoEvents right after the socket(index).send line.

The .send command simply fills up the sockets to-do list with data but the socket only ever sends it out once it has a break. If more than 2 players are on only one socket gets its "break" making it work fine for one player but no others. Adding the DoEvents forces the form and objects to update and thus send out all the queued data ;)

> Older versions of EO can be found here.
>
> [http://www.eclipseorigins.com/community/index.php?/page/index.html/olddownloads.html](http://www.eclipseorigins.com/community/index.php?/page/index.html/olddownloads.html)
>
>  
>
> To fix your issue, you need to edit Sub SendDataTo server side and add a line with DoEvents right after the socket(index).send line.

Thank you so FUCKING much. I love you.

> The .send command simply fills up the sockets to-do list with data but the socket only ever sends it out once it has a break. If more than 2 players are on only one socket gets its "break" making it work fine for one player but no others. Adding the DoEvents forces the form and objects to update and thus send out all the queued data ;)

I had the same problem but the question is: Why this happen if its the SAME game as before(without any modification)?

My game was running beautifully but suddenly this 'error' arises from the depths

> Thank you so * much. I love you.

Hey iurv,I had the same problem. Did you change your operational system or its the same(before give the error and after) ?